17 | The Announcement

I stiffened as Wayme cast a long, hard stare at me and Gint. Aek let out a sigh of relief as Wayme looked away.

"I see that everyone of you are quite interested in what I am about to say." Wayme began, his eyes were still fixing on me, giving me an icy stare from his icy blue eyes. A beautiful mouse was standing next to him, smiling softly. I wondered who she was.

"First of all, the amount of cheese collected has been increasing in these few months. Really, I am truly proud of you guys, if they say that collecting cheese for your tribe is a foolish thing to do, well, one thing you have to know is, no matter what the others say to you, you'd gotta have faith in your tribe and do your best to serve your tribe." Wayme said, looking a little proud of his tribe, hoping that those words could encourage those mice in the tribe to collect more cheese, for the tribe's sake. But I could tell that something else was about to be announced. The mice around me cheered with joyfulness, apparently getting quite pleased with the amount of cheese we've collected in these few months. I looked around and tried my best to recognize Karo, Keb, Star, Aek and Gint in the distant. The mice around me shifted uncomfortably as Wayme gave them an icy stare to the eye, same as what he did to me earlier.

"And one more thing is, " Wayme began, still staring at us sternly, "the other tribes had been stronger and stronger lately. And we have to do the same as I am thinking that the other tribes would conquer our territories and cheese, and you know what happens. If we did lose the war and there is nothing left for us to give to the other tribes, I, as the tribe leader, have to disband the tribe. Do you want the tribe to end like this?" Wayme asked, his voice raised a little bit. I felt a tension rising up from the whisperings of the mice. They are actually worried about this. I thought to myself as I had once thought that no one would care if his or her tribe had been disbanded or whatever.

"And so!" Wayme spoke again, silencing the whisperings again. "I have decided to make a role in the tribe which is called the War Commanders." War Commanders. It did sound good to me, at least. "And I will promote two of the best players in Deathmatch to be the War Commanders, and so, there will be an examination to test if you are qualified to be one of the War Commanders." I sighed softly, I couldn't help myself to be ashamed about the fact that I couldn't even play Deathmatch well. To me, Deathmatch was just like a war game, which was suitable for boys in the tribe, but not girls. But I had to admit, Deathmatch was quite attractive to me, the more I played, my ambition of winning the game got bigger and bigger every time. I know that, it wouldn't happen to me anyway. The roles of War Commander should belong to Keb and Karo. I am just a Warrior in the tribe that shouldn't be noticed, or at least, not noticeable. What could a Warrior do to the tribe?

"And good luck to everyone who would take part in the examination, may the force of the cannons will always be with you." Wayme said, smiling proudly at his tribemates, then padded away with his four paws. The female mouse was following Wayme at his back paw, but she turned around and gave us a small, but yet charming smile. A soft Good luck was followed from her smile before she followed Wayme down the bottom level of the tribe house, well, our tribe house is different.

The tribe houses of the other tribes were built as a real house, but then, for us, everything is differnet. Our tribe house was actually set inside the ground, or I should say, underground. The tribe house was actually like a bunker, and we have our own rooms. But why building a tribe house underground? Haha, I knew you would ask.

Suppose that your tribe was being attacked by missiles, which type of tribe house do you think that would fully protect you and your tribemates from the attack? The underground one, or the one which stood up straight above ground, waiting for the blows sent by the opponent to hit your tribe house while you were just standing there, hoping that the house wouldn't collapse?

We had changed the tribe house for a few times since we were actually looking for the right one. The last time that I saw Wayme redesigning the tribe house was about 3 weeks ago, when he was actually moving a block of rooms and stack them in piles. But then, the next day I woke up, I found myself sleeping underground and my room had been transferred to a dorm, but it wasn't that cozy compared to the previous tribe house. And I knew what it meant.

I spent a day just to get familiarize with the new environment or... I should say, where did all those special rooms go.

{A/N:Don't judge me, I am particularly slow in searching for things in real life.}

I thought that Wayme himself would give us a tour about the new tribe house since the tribe house's size had greatly increased. However, when I ran all the way to the bottom, according to Karo, mice with higher rankings stayed in the lower level, I couldn't find Wayme or Atlantisluvu down there. I knew it very well that they were out to the outlaying islands for cheese.

Ironically, I had forgotten where was my room located. I searched everywhere for an elevator, just to get to the 5th Floor underground. But then, while I was searching for my room on the 5th Floor, Karo came to me like, Moth, what are you searching for?!

"Karo?" I called out, hoping that she knew where my room was.

"Hmm?" Karo said, padding over me with her all fours.

"Karo, do you remember where my room was?" I said at last, blushing a little because of the embarrassment that followed my question.

"What's your role in the tribe?" Karo said softly, still staring at her gadget.

"Warrior." I said softly, getting quite ashamed of my rank.

"Oh okay, waita..." Karo said, typing commands into her gadget. "Okie." She said after a while, "your room is now in Bunker W, on the 6th Floor, room 2407."

"Room 2407." I muttered, nodding to her, as a way of expressing my gratitude towards her. "Thanks." I said at last.

"No problem! Feel free to call me if you need anything." Karo smiled as she led me to my room. "Oh and yeah! Don't forget your room again!" She said as she pushed me in my room. Mothwhisker. A voice spoke. I looked around, searching for the source of the voice.

"Mothwhisker."

Silence. 

"Moth. Whisker."

"Uh. Hmm?" I muttered at last.

"Thank God of the Cheese." That voice muttered, then I realized that it belonged to a mouse whom I had never met.

"Uh. Hi. Your name is..." I said, still staring at him, wondering if I had met him before.

"Lutfiygbaru." He said, holding his paw out for me to shake it. That's a weird name. I thought to myself as I shook his paw.

"Erm... What should I call you instead of Lu-Lut-Lutf-?!" I said, still trying to pronounce his name accurately.

"Hey! Lut, where are ya goin'?" A female voice popped up from nowhere. I spun around instinctively to meet a pair of beautiful brown eyes.

"Oh hey there!" The female mouse spoke to me, before tugging my paws, "come on!"

"To where?" I asked, still glancing over my shoulders, wondering what had happened. Where was Karo? 

"Oh, nevermind, just follow us!" The female mouse shouted, before skipping to a small, white colored boat at the port. "Come on!" 

I boarded the boat, still wondering if it was Karo who led me to my room earlier. But who knows Moth, who knows except me myself?

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

TADA! I actually did make this chapter a little bit longer than usual because I wanted to challenge myself about writing a chapter more than 1000 words and yeah! Here it is! And I made this in a rush, so please tell me if you think that there are things for me to improve! Thank you guys so much for supporting my stories and whatever! Love you guys~

P.s. I am looking for an editor...

~Moth.