25 | Rebellious

The chanting died down, along with the cheering crowds, welcoming the arrival of our opponent. We knew it very well that we could've won this together. But no, not everyone is willing to witness the upcoming events, which was basically us fighting against what we had believed to be ourselves. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." Shug whispered softly as she walked alongside me.

"Shug, you don't understand. There is something that I have to do with my own strength, even if I can't change the ending of it, but this is something worth trying." I replied simply, brushing my stranded hair out from my gaze. I stared at the sky, looking for any trace of storm, but there weren't any.

"If we're losing the war, this is something that each of us have to try our best in order to maintain our dignity." Wayme whispered softly as Shug and I joined the circle.

"Remember your roles." Aek muttered as Keb chimed in.

"Good luck and may our abilities of deathmatch be with us." Keb muttered the DCF-styled prayer before picking up his shotgun and hurried to the censer of the arena. He nodded to the members of DCF as they took their leave from the arena.

"Ready?" Wayme asked, his paws now forming a fist. "We're going to win this war." He added as Amb leapt forward, crushing him as we both took our roles. Shug rolled on the floor, getting her own shotgun in place. "Please, don't fail me." She snatched Karo's paw, before swinging it forcefully, projecting herself towards Star. "Sorry!" She exclaimed as the cannon hit Star right in the back. I held my paws up, preparing for the impact as I felt a large body crashed towards me.

"What are you doing!" Keb yelled as Star flew backwards, we laid there in the grass for a moment before realising what had happened. "This is not right." He declared.

"So what do you plan to do?" I asked, staring at the shooting mice.

"I think we're thinking about the same thing." Keb whispered, putting his shotgun into place.

"That's insane." I admitted, as I took Keb's hand and stood on my four.

"We both know what are we supposed to be in this very moment." Keb nodded, "rebellious."

"For the sake of the tribe!" I yelled as we both carried our shotguns and scurried forward, grabbing Karo accurately by her paw and twisted it backward. She, of course, tossed in my grasp. Keb ran to us, whispering, "listen."

"Listen what." Karo spat, glaring in our direction. "Your leader, made the wrong decision. What can we do? Nothing."

"You'll understand, carrot." Keb let out a snicker before leaving us before I rushed after him, and took Karo's shotgun and spun it with my available right paw. I heard her shout behind me, but I took no notice as I gave Amb a clear shot, and then rolled over and gave Gint a messy shot, but it still hit him accurately as he stood on his two, dodging Wayme's cannon before sending one back towards Keb when he caught it in his paw and loaded it in his own shotgun.

"Thanks for the cannon!" Keb exclaimed before giving an accurate shot towards Gint, along with mine. "Watch it Shug!" He yelled as Shug ducked, grabbing the cannon accurately and gave it a mighty kick, sending it to Wayme.

"Timber!" Shug yelled as she sent another cannon flying.

"Shouldn't it be hashtag YOLO?" Wayme hollered, raising his fingers up.

"Ha, Bad Blood." I joked as Amb came around and gave me an accurate shot in the chest. I stumbled back, as Amb smirked and retorted, "Bad blood? More like, Blank Space."

"Oh, so you're going to fill that space up for me?" Wayme taunted as he slid on the ground and re-filled his cannons in a swift motion, then gave it a shot.

"I am not going to fill that space up, I am going to write your name." Karo smiled as she caught her shotgun accurately before starting to shoot at Wayme, her eyes fixed on Star meanwhile.

"I doubt eh." Lut yelled as he ran into the battle, bringing in Gint's shotgun with him.

"Where's Gint?" I heard Star yelled across the chaos of the battle.

"Goin' down." Aek muttered, eyeing his shotgun lovingly. "I had begun to love this thing."

"Ha. Ha. Ha. I ship 'em." Amb teased, spinning her head in time and returned the blow with a snipe. That shot was intended to hit me out from the battle. And of course it did. I skidded across the ground, finding for something to grab and hold on my dear life. My eyes were darting around, in need for searching a needy object for me to hold on. Finally I gave up, giving the cannon a great leap, I escaped from the pushing of the cannon. Rolling on the ground to prevent direct impact with my neck as Shug came by and picked me up. "Good job." She muttered as she motioned towards Amb, who was sitting by the side, dizzied.

"What did I just do." I muttered as Aek yelled, "2 down!"

"Now, game on." Wayme yelled, running in front of Karo, blocking her way as he gave Karo a delicate shot right in her side.

"Darn!" I muttered a curse as I rushed towards Karo and pushed her aside, leaving Wayme astonished as I fired a cannon towards Lut, making sure that it hadn't gone sideways due to my momentum. With the remaining momentum, I picked Karo and myself up and stood on my two. I watched Out stumbling and fell out from the arena, with his fellows as I wiped a tear silently. Since when did we have to fight against each other for pride?

"I know that the situation is hard." Aek whispered, before walking away.

"You do?" I asked, astonished as Shug raised her shotgun and Karo before mouthing the word, sorry.

I chased after Gint, my heart thudding. I finally caught up with him as I muttered the phrase, "sorry but I got no choice" before shooting him away, and a cannon was shot into the sky, representing the end of the war. I looked around me. Keb, Aek and Wayme were out from the circle, sacrificing for the better good, while Shug had a good bruise on the leg while I had a few nasty scratch. "Good job there." Wayme praised and I had to try my best to resist from rolling my eyes from that comment.

"Thank you." Was all I could muster. But you can't stop me from doing what I intend to do.

_______________________________
A/N:

WOOHOO! Hey guys! How was this chapter? Well it was kinda short but well.... I am going to be inactive for 12 days so there won't be any new chapters at the moment... But I promise that a brand new chapter would be there asap after I am done with my exams!

Well, let me know if you think that this chapter sucks~ and as always, thanks for all of your support and yep... Sorry for the short chapter and short message... I was in a rush... I would like you guysto have something to stick with while I am gone~

LOVE YOU GUYS AND

PEACE OUT!
-M.