8 | Karoliana

Finally, someone knocked on my door again. "Moth?" That was the voice of a she-mouse. Star? I thought as I swung opened the door, but there, I saw Karoliana, not Stariva.

"Hey Moth, I just want you to know-"

"What do you want? Another match?" I interrupted her, with a stream of tears clinging to my cheeks.

"Moth, you need to calm down." Karoliana said, and stopped me from squashing her by the door of my room.

"How to Deathmatch like you." I said at last, wiping my tears from the back of my paw.

"Come with me." She said, pulling me towards the arena on the second floor rapidly.

She quickly got on her skates and stepped onto the icy ground. I watched in amusement as she hauled herself towards the slide, which was made from the ice. Gliding down from the top of the slide, she gracefully threw a cannon to her paws, then jumped over it and launched herself to the other side of the plank, which was also made from ice.

"Your turn." She said, beckoning me to where she was. I inhaled deeply before gathering up my courage and glided steadily towards the slide. I knew that I should be hauling myself towards the top of the slide, but then, I came up with something new. I glided through the plank, then threw a cannon towards myself as I lousily leapt through it, and launched myself to the other side-well, not the other side, but the edge of the other side as I tried my best to haul myself back on the plank. That was ironic, wasn't it?

I could tell that Karoliana was trying to hide her smile as she glided towards me in her skates and handed her paw towards me. "Nice try." I just looked at her, unsure what did she mean by that.

"You mean, nice try for gripping the edge of the ice plank and haul myself to the top of the plank before I fell into the hole filled with bubble water or...?" I said, not sure if she would get my sense of humour in my reply. I thought that I would get a glare of unbelief, but then, what she did was just giving a small chuckle. "What do ya think?" She said, still smiling.

"Umm... The first option." I said, then winked at her, hoping that she would give me more commands to do in order to improve my skills in deathmatch.
"Now, try this." She said, spinning in a circle by her skates on the ice, then gracefully swung herself towards the other side of the arena. I gasped as I could tell that she would fall inside the pool if she didn't give herself another boost. I watched in amusement as she spun around and threw a cannon under her skates and leapt, landing squarely on the other side while facing me.
"Wow. That was amazing." I clapped my paws, and stared at her with pure amusement. She stared at me through her blue eyes and gave me a warm smile. "Thank you moth."

"So Karoliana-" I said, wanting some tips from her.

"Just call me Karo, Moth." She said, smiling to me again. "And what do you want to ask me?"

"How to play deathmatch like you?" I said, cocking my head to the side.

"Oh. It takes practice. And there are a bunch of deathmatchers in the tribe, you can definitely ask them for tips." She said, before gliding towards the entrance of the arena. "Take the skates. And try to meet someone who will teach you more about deathmatch." She said, turning the doorknob. "Good luck. See you!" She said before padding through the entrance of the arena.

I smiled and picked up my cannon. Without any hesitation, I glided confidently on the ice, throwing cannons at myself while launching myself to the slide of the arena. The door suddenly crept open. A mouse with a black and red hat, and a bell on the neck peeked through the door. "Who a-" I said before he silenced me with a finger on his jaws.

"Moth, keep on, you did a good job."