20 | Bootcamp

"Karo! Where are you taking us?" I said, swinging my head around, adjusting the light getting into my eyes. I narrowed my eyes as a strong beam of light projected in front of us, using my paw to cover my face to block out the light, and listened to the conversation going on between my friends. "Wow, this place is amazing!" That was Em's voice. I nodded in agreement as Karo explained. "I chose this place is because this, actually made people proud of their own success."

"Why so?" I asked, finally removing my paw from my face. And there I saw a map, there were just a few poles all over it, and finally, a cheese was being placed on the far end. So how am I supposed to..

"Carrot, what is this place?" Lut said, spinning his head around and faced us.

"This is Bootcamp." Scab mumbled to herself as I spun around to face her, "Bootcamp? What is that."

"Bootcamp, is like, the hardest map I've ever tried, it takes you a long time to get cheese, this is used to compare proness, like how the others think of you, it is judged by your amount of cheese collected in bootcamp." Karo said, nodding to us as she used to tail to spot out all the poles, explaining their uses. "This pole over there-" She pointed-"is how you start your first step. You attach yourself to the pole," she said, demonstrating. "Then, you get yourself to another pole, and so on, and so forth." She added leaping gracefully from pole to pole where she finally landed squarely on the wooden platform. "Your turn." She said before flashing us a grin.

"Hello!!" There came Star, smiling brightly at us. "I have a new invention! Wanna take a look?" She said, inviting us with a big grin.

"Um actually, we're trying out bootcamp. Wanna try?" Scab said. Her voice was small, but yet her words were clear enough for each of us to comprehend."I gave Star a knowing smile before attempting to follow what Karo did, but all my efforts were in vain. I fell immediately into the pool of water.

"Karo, how does this thing work?" Lut said, trying the pole switching technique.

"You mean the Turnaround?" Scab said while skillfully jumping from pole to pole. She landed on another platform and ran after Karo, searching for cheese.

"So it has a name. Turnaround. Such amazement." I said, my voice full of scarcasm.

"Carrot, how does this thing work?" Lut said, swinging himself from pole to pole but he then lost his balance and dropped into the pool of water, head first.

"It takes practice." Karo said simply before snatching a piece of cheese and waited for Scab. "Come and join me!"

"Seriously." I heard Em huff under her breath. "This is impossible."

"It might be possible for Wayme." Star blurted out. With widened eyes, she realized her mistake and quickly slapped her paw over her mouth. "Sorry." She muttered.

"Whatever. You don't have to be sorry.," said Karo between gritted teeth. There was a hint of anger in her voice. What was going on?

"I really mean it. I am sorry." Star said, slapping her tail to her mouth.

"What's with Wayme?" I said, thinking how bootcamp could be related to Wayme.

"He was a friendly mouse, to every single one of us, note the was. And something changed him. He is now chasing fortune and fame all day along, and he is definitely hunting for his next piece of achievement." Karo said, before carrying the piece of cheese to the mousehole.

"Well, never mind him. Let's try it out again." Em said, before attempting to cross the slippery poles, but she failed again and again.

"How does this thing work." Star said as she carefully positioned herself and leapt onto the pole, grabbing the corner of the wooden poles. She threw herself to the next pople and repeated the skills and successfully got to the platform. "What now?" She questioned as her mouth widened in pure amazement and shock.

"Star, teach us..." I said, it came out almost like a beg.

"I don't know Mothy, it is pure luck."

"As if pure luck existed." Em muttered as Lut touched her shoulder with his tail.

"It's just because you are a professional cheese collector, Star." I added bitterly. I imagined myself getting to the mousehole successfully with a piece of cheese on my back. That would be awesome.

"No no no." Star said, defending for herself before climbing another pole, but lost her balance. "How does this work." She said, while spitting the water out from her jaws as she returned to the start - where we were - and dipped her head to us - "told you that it was pure luck." Was her only response to her fail attempt.

"Come on Em." Lut said, before launching her to the first pole. "I'll be right behind you." He said, and waited until Em switched to another pole, then he followed her, but his paws didn't grip on the pole, instead he gripped on Em's, making them both stumble into the water with Lut's paw still on Em's. They then swam back to the starting point as Em snickered, blushing. "Lutfi!" I could tell that Lut was blushing as he realized that his paw was still on her paw. "Sorry."

So this is how love feels like. I thought, before climbing onto the pole but then failed again. "Karo, how?" I asked, as she stepped out from the mouse hole. "It takes practice, Moth. Be patient."

"Alrighty! Who wants to see my invention?" Star blurted out, drawing our attention once again as I hauled myself to the platform, my fur was dripping wet.

"If you want to show us." Scab said calmly. She was probably thinking of what her invention could be.

"Alright! Let's go!" Karo said, pushing us towards Star. "Lead the way."

"Follow me!" She said cheerfully, before leaping through the portal. I followed her without hesitation and found myself in a new, yet familiar, looking place. "Where are we?" I asked Star, sniffing in the scent of the rose.

"We are in the tribe house." Lut replied, I could tell that he was confused.

"What happened to the old tribe house?" Em said, looking around.

"Nobody cares about the old one, let me introduce different parts of the tribe house!" Star offered.

"Wait, Star. This is the new invention you were telling us about?" I said, interrupting her.

"Yeah, you don't like it?" She said, frowning.

"Oh no, no. I don't mean that." I stammered, wondering if I did something wrong. Oh no.

"Haha, I know that my map making skills are waiting for me to improve." She flashed us a grin. "Come on in!" She said, before leading us into the white painted mansion. It was beautifully planned out. "Star, you planned all this?" Scab said, obviously amazed by her talent.

"Absolutely correct. Yep." Star said, smiling proudly as she received compliments for her work.

"How long have you been planning about this?" Karo asked, touching the wallpapers. "The color is fantasic."

"Um... About a few days. I need to get the size right." Star said, counting her fingers. "Er.. yeah. A few days, perhaps."

"A few days?" Em blurted out, "girl, you got such talent."

"Uhh- th-thanks." Star said, her face flushed with embarrassment as she scratched her head. "It isn't even called talent..."

"Guys! Come and take a look!" Lut's voice captured our attention as we saw him touching something mysterious in the corner of the room.

"Lut, what are you doing?" Em said, padding towards him as we followed her. There was a sudden scream and we ran towards Lut, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Lut?" Star called out, but there was no response.

_________________________________________________

A/N:

Um.. Hey there! How was 'bootcamp'? Yea I know, it sucks XP And yeah! Thanks for all the support and Chapter 4 will be in editing process c: And if you want to know what happened to Lut, stay tuned for MOARRRRRRRRR c:

And at last, a hug from MWhisker for being a fan of her story~

Editor: apanduh_

-Moth. (Your noobie friend c:)