4 | Tribe Life

If, I have a tribe, I would have more friends, and there will be a place for me to settle down. I ran among another stream pelt before an antique aroma entered my senses, vibrating each cell as it passed them. I inhaled the scent, and smiled as it reached my 'tailor-made cheese detector' - my brain. 'Parmigiano Reggiano, the best cheese I have seen in the room. I must have this.' I thought as I peered over to Wayme, staring in amusement as he ran across the map with light speed, and without hesitation. Such, professional cheese-collector. I looked around, and saw a few of Wayme's competitors in finishing the map in the first place. Predicting who would get the first place, I ran with the mice, tail swinging, eyes fixed on the prize- the cheese. I fixed my gaze on the cheese, my paws left the ground with a mighty leap as I delicately landed on the cheese, my hair flew with the breeze as I spun around and took another mighty leap, landing accurately on the land, my paws met the damp grass, my senses picked up the scent of freshly watered grass as I made my way to the mousehole, my gaze drifted from Wayme - who had just finished the round in the first place - to the the ones behind me. They were all hurrying towards the mousehole, though they knew that there was no chance for them to snatch a first from Wayme or the other professional collectors. Among the pelts, I caught glimpse of a brown furred mouse, I could tell that it was a he. He had a red and black colored sonic-shaped accessory on his head, a bell wrapped around his neck, and a sun shaped accessory hung from his tail. He travelled from pole to pole, without hesitation. I stared at amusement as he made his way back to the mousehole, with the cheese on his back. Such a professional collector. I wonder who he is. As I entered the cheese hole, I searched for his pelt, but he was gone. Even Wayme, too. Where have they gone? I thought as I whipped out my gadget and texted him, as he was the only friend I have met so far.

M: Where are you?

W: Tribe house.

M: You have a tribe?

W: Yeah, why so surprised.

M: Cool! May I join?

W: Sure, I will come and get you. Follow me when you've seen me, bring your belongings.

I put back my gadget before picking up my bag. I threw it over my shoulder, and padded away from the group. "Thanks for the cheese!" I muttered as I exited the room, my tail swinging. Not far ago, Wayme was standing there, his paws crossed in front of his chest. He looked at me with curiosity as I blinked in surprise. "What?"

"Oh nothing." He muttered before looking at me with his sky blue eyes. "Why do you want to join my tribe?"

"Because," I said, thinking about a good reason to join his tribe, "I just feel like your tribe is an interesting and fun one."

"Well then." He said, smiling a bit. "Let me tell you more about the tribe." He led me through a forest. "As you see, the tribe territory is in a forest, where we can do all of the activities which require a large amount of space."

"For example..?"

"For example, deathmatch."

"What is Deathmatch? What is this sorcery?" I asked, making note of every creature I've seen in this territory so that I wouldn't get lost.

"You will know later." Wayme said, winking at me.

"'Kay. Fine. Go on." I huffed.

"And Dream Create Future, ignore the grammatical mistakes, DCF in short. Is a Deathmatch tribe, and most of the mice in the tribe are Deathmatchers, and we are training them to be a better player, and to go to war for us."

The mouse with a sun at his tail... I thought, could he be in his tribe? I should've remembered his name. I should ask Wayme. "Wayme," I began, as he turned to me. "Is there anyone in your tribe who has a sun tail?"

"There are many mice in the tribe who owns a sun tail." Wayme said, "you mean who in particular?"

"Uh... Never mind." I gave him a grin, which I forced it out. "Sorry for the interruption."

"Okay. I have to admit that, our tribemates are hardworking as, they train every single day, especially some of the good Deathmatchers who wish to be better, or to be on the leaderboard. Some of the good Deathmatchers often get recruiting messages from other tribes." Wayme said, there was a bright grin on his face, I guess, he was proud of them.

I nodded in silence, there was nothing for me to say as I didn't even know what was Deathmatch. I guess, I will know about it sooner or later, it's just the matter of time. "Alright, please go on."

"Moth, look there." He pointed at the distant, where the pine trees grew beautifully over there. "That is the training grounds of Deathmatch." I nodded, there was nothing for me to say. "And this," Wayme continued, pointing at the hollow behind us. "That is where we gather when there are emergencies. Remember that, it's not a long way from the tribe house."

"So, we're quite near the tribe house."

"Exactly." Wayme continued, introducing me the places in DCF's territory. Once in a while, I would nod in acknowledgement. "Alright, we're here." Wayme said at last, as I looked in front of me, there was a gorgeous maison in front of my eyes. I gasped in pure amusement as Wayme added, "the tribe house of Dream Create Future." I nodded, my gaze was still fixed on the nicely painted walls. Ignoring the refreshing scent of trees around the house, I followed Wayme into the tribe house. As soon as he turned the doorknob, mounds and mounds of mice piled up against the doors, curiosity filled their gaze. I smiled softly, I didn't have an idea of why I smiled, perhaps, I just loved the tribe.

"Guys!" Wayme cleared his throat before adding another sentence. "This, is Mothwhisker." He added, pointing at me. "She's new in DCF. Now, you may go back to your own work. Thank you for your attention."

The mice nodded before padding away from the entrance of the tribe house. The next thing I knew was a mouse padding up to me, giving me a friendly smile. "I'll leave you guys to talk with each other, 'kay? 'Kay." He answered to his own question as he padded along the corridor which seemed to lead to nowhere of the house. Is the tribehouse really that big? I really wanted to ask the mouse that question, but before I even got the chance, she spoke first and interrupted my thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------
A/N:

Heya! How was this chapter? I am so sorry for the late chap~ I am so sorry if I have any typo or if, I made a lot of mistakes in this chapter because I am rushing myself to get it done by today.  And yeah! I hope you like it, and thank you so much for the support~ Chapter 21 will be released a.s.a.p! Stay tuned for more!

-Moth.