41 | Pixels

A/N:

It's me, again, dropping another chapter! (woohoo) Anyway, this chapter is inspired by Victim-of-Reality a long time ago! So please give her profile a follow and vote for her books! If you're an anime lover, you're definitely going to find her books amusing! Anyway, enjoy!

Don't worry, equilibrium will be updated after the authors have finished their exams :p I MIGHT be landing another chapter on tomorrow but I'm lazy xD

-M.

__________________________________

I looked around, aware of the fact that I was being watched. You'd got to be kidding me, X. I thought to myself before whirling around, in hopes that I would have caught my stalker, but no one came into my view. I frowned before walking away and found Fire seated on the bench in front of me, typing away at his newly bought black gadget.

"I told you that there would be people looking for you, whisker." Fire folded his arms over his chest and stared at me with a straight face. I gave him a sideway glance and offered a small smile as he led me to a river, where two mice were skating across the iced surface. I wrapped my scarf around my neck protectively and fixed my beanie as it covered my side-parted previously orange-dyed-now-dark-brown hair.

We sat on the bank in complete silence as I stared into the woods and zoned out and indulge in the peacefulness of the ice-covered river, where the mice glided on top of it gracefully, accompanying the fresh snow which masked the pines in the distant.

"Coffee or cocoa?" He asked, breaking the silence between us.

"With melted marshmallow on top?" I answered with a question.

"Just the way you like it." He replied simply as I took his offer with a small smile, and took a small sip. The silence overtook our conversation again. A crème-furred mouse glided across the surface and leapt into the sky, took a spin and landed on the ice confidently as Fire applauded.

A black-furred mouse with whitened fur at the tip of the fur repeated the action, and landed as gracefully as the previous skater, but he stumbled on a piece of melting ice and skidded across the surface. The mouse vanished into a stream of bubbles as I gasped. The faint outline of the mouse was still in the distant, as the cries of the crème-colored mouse echoed through the forest.

"W-what happened...?" I stuttered, my eyes darted to and fro, trying to search for the traces of the black furred mouse.

"He disappeared from our world." He replied calmly. How could he not be affected by his sudden disappearance?

"That's normal, Moth." He gave me a pat on the shoulders.

"You mean disappearing into the mid-air is normal?" I took another sip of my drink and stared at the crème-furred mouse swearing in full french as he tripped on a piece of loose eyes and landed face- flat. I gasped at the sight.

"No, Moth. Listen." He glanced at me and stared into the distant, where the edge of the bridge met the surface of the river.

"Proceed." I answered him with a robotic voice.

"We come into this world, we achieve something, we age, then we die." He said in a robotic voice, as if he had been trained for ages.