1 | Realization

"Eyy."

I blinked open my eyes, and saw a white-pelted figure in front of me, staring at me with a grin.

"W-" I opened my jaws to speak, but he silenced me with his paw on his jaw.

"So.. You're Mothwhisker?" He interrupted me. I nodded, my mind was racing, partly because he interrupted me and probably it was because he was a stranger to me. I normally wouldn't talk to strangers.

"I see that you need a tour in Transformice."

Oh wait, what? I am inside Transformice? That's interesting...

"Erm. No, thanks. You can sav-"

"No worries!" He said in a cheerful voice. "It's my job!"

"Huh? I don't get it." I muttered, scratching my head.

"Of course you don't!" He smiled before signaling me to follow him. "Come on."

"Where are you taking me!" I yelled as I followed him hard, but I was panting after a few minutes of running on two paws.

"Tired now?" He said, glancing over his shoulder, before slowing down and padded to myself.

"No, obviously. No." I defended for myself.

"You are a hard one to convince." He said, smiling again before dropping down to his all fours. "Try this." He said, as he came to a trot.

I nodded and tried running around on my four paws. "It worked better." I muttered.

"Of course! You are a mouse, Missy." He said, giving me a soft smile before moving towards the cheese again.

"I tell you." He said, still staring at me with a soft smile. "Your objective is to collect various kinds of cheese and to bring it back to your hole! Then you can challenge yourself with various maps and missions! Pretty simple, huh?"

"Uhhh... It seems so." I replied dully, unsure of what should I reply to him.

"Oh never mind!" He let out a laugh, I could tell that he forced it out. "Let's move on!" He said, bounding away from our current location.

Who is he? Why does he have to guide new mice into the world of mice? Who is he doing this for? I thought as I moved on, following him on my four paws, it worked pretty well.

"Come!" He said, swaying his tail. I nodded before stopping in front of a fence. Mice were running in groups, towards a piece of mysterious treat. A group of mice ran past us, and a moon shaped figure flew towards me. I dodged it and heard a sorry from its owner.

"It. It's okay." I said, brushing my brown hair into place again. "Phew, that's scary!" I said, as the mouse padded away.

"Absolutely." He said, before leading me inside, "it's better to join them than watching their tail accessories fly towards us."

I nodded before joining the group of mice. I smiled uncontrollably as he told me that we were collecting cheese for ourselves. "You don't have a tribe, right?"

"What what what??" I said, snapped from my daydream.

"You don't have a tribe, don't cha?" He said again, looking at me, shaking his head in dismay.

"Maybe! Not sure."

"How can you be not sure if you have a tribe or not?!" He snapped, and I could felt hot gazes on us. My cheek was in fact, burning hot.

"Okay. Sorry for that. But what's the difference?" I said, staring at him, ignoring the gazes.

"If you have a tribe," he took a deep breath. "You have to collect cheese not just for yourself, for your tribe, as well." He said, as he exhaled. "And your job would be harder."