49 | Sorting

A/N:

Wow, chapter 49! Wow. I am speechless. Thank you all for sticking this far and uh, enjoy it! Chapter 50 will probably be published in a few days time (I actually wrote 2 chapters in a day, WHAT?!)

Love y'all! And tell me what do you think! How should I end the book?

-M.
_____________________

I practically dragged myself to the tribe house of my own tribe, slamming the door behind me as I moved towards to living room and sat down with a grunt.

"Moth." Lut began and sat down on the couch next to me, carrying a large bowl filled with corn chips. I groaned before covering my eyes with my paw and got myself ready to doze off in any minute.

"Moth." He tried again, his eyes never leaving his bowl of chips. "Moth!" He yelled and shook me with force.

"What!" I sat up, removing my paws and my red eyes shone right through it. Lut leaned back onto the couch, startled.

"Uh... Wayme is gone." Lut grabbed another mouthful of chips and stuffed it into his mouse before munching on it vigorously. "And DCF is leaderless." He said with a mouthful of food. I sat up, as if being snapped out of my trance and stared at him with astonishment.

"What?!" I fixed my beanie and my black overcoat as I stared at him in disbelief.

"I told you! DCF is leaderless!" Lut exclaimed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I stood up, towering over him as he shot me a dirty look when he stuffed the last mouthful of chips into his mouth.

"You are busy with things." He frowned at me, as if he was mad at me for not being there when Wayme left the tribe without a sound.

"You should've called me." I spat as Lut stood up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen. I heard the cabinet being opened and the unmistakably ringing sound from the corn ships hitting the glass bowl was heard. He went back out, carrying a can of soda as he sat down again and started munching away.

"Lut, stop." I walked over to him and snatched the bowl away from him. "You're going to get fat."

"Oh? Miss Commander is being Miss Healthy now?" Lut asked with his eyebrows raised as my attention snapped towards him and I snarled, my red eyes glowing like the light which hang over us. I snarled at him as he reached out and grabbed the bowl and kept on eating the corn chips.

"I sense sarcasm." I folded my arms across my chest and scowled.

"Can we please don't argue, okay?" Lut stepped forward, setting down the glass bowl in the process.

"So what are your plans, mr Smartypants?" I insulted with a smirk at the end of the sentence.

"I don't know." He looked at the ground and exhaled heavily. I looked at him, waiting for a more detailed explanation. "I just don't know!" He yelled, slamming his can of soda on the table in front of him in irritation. "Gosh! Stop complicating things Moth!"

"Oh, am I?" I asked sarcastically before proceeding upstairs. "Well, if I am complicating things, then I shall take my leave."

"Wait Moth!" He yelled as I spun around with a hint of annoyance dancing in my eyes. "I was thinking, maybe we can talk to Wayme about it? Or we can just transfer to his tribe, uh, I mean Levitate."

"If you're not with us, then you're against us." I commented before going up towards my room and slammed the door as hard as I could.

Wayme oh Wayme, why do you do this to us? I thought as I slumped against the door like a soldier who had just lost a fight.