6 | Stariva

I woke up in the next morning with my phone buzzing beside my head. I jerked awake. Glancing at the clock beside me, I jumped to the ground with all fours. 8:45. Trust me, I am neither a night owl nor an early bird. I took my green-and-white stripped scarf with me and tied my chest-length hair into a ponytail. As I put my headphone into my place, I grabbed my room keys and padded to the living room. Since my rank is considered to be low, my room is really near to the living room.

"Woah good morning." I muttered, yawning. I saw Wayme and Shugar with plenty of mice which I had never seen before.

"Moth, duck!" Wayme yelled at me as I did what I was told. Soon enough, a room flew past me.

"What are you doing, Wayme?" I asked. Then I noticed how did it happen. He spread his arms and swiped his left paw to the right, then a room floated to the right, landing on top of another room. Wow.

"You'll know later, Moth." An almond-pelted mouse stepped forward. Her hair was dyed in a gradient way, from blonde to orange. That was radiant. I wished that I was able to have a hair like hers.

"Uh... You are...?" I asked, not sure if I had seen her before.

"Stariva."

"Nice to meet you, Stariva."

"Me too, let's play a game instead?" She suggested, hoping that I would accept her invitation.

"S-sure..." I stammered, not really sure of what to do.

"Okay, follow me." She said, then broke away from the portal and entered a new room.

"This Star." I heard someone sighed before I entered the portal.

"Stariva?" I called out, hoping that she would answer.

"Here, Moth." She replied and started to spawn items as a shaman. "Come." She beckoned me with her tail. "Don't be afraid. Run-to the cheese." She instructed me well.

I nodded and dashed to the cheese, snatching another piece of cheese then rushed to the hole, as usual. "Good job!" She squeaked.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile as she tossed me the feathered hat. I quickly wore it in my hand and soon, I found out that my paws were getting rough from all that summoning and rubbing my paws against the nails. Ignoring this, I summoned a plank and nailed it on the ground by a red color nail. She skillfully crossed the bridge that I've built earlier and she arrived at the hole with a piece of cheddar cheese by a mighty leap. "Oh my gosh. So pro!" I exclaimed.

"Heh. Thank you." She smiled shyly and started to summon items. But these items were different, they were transparent.

"Star, mind if I ask?" I whispered, not sure if she would really answer to my question.

"Hmm?" She looked at me as I grabbed another piece of cheese.

"How did you... Spawn those transparent items?"

"Oh... That." She smiled, and took out a bottle of transparent spell. She took out another empty bottle. "There, for ya."

"How to use that?" I asked, taking the bottle in my paws.

"Rub the bottle between your paws and start building." She said, demonstrating how to summon transparent items. "But remember, don't use the spell inside the bottle unless you are a hard mode or a divine mode sham."

Hard mode? Divine mode? What is that. I opened my jaws to ask my question. But she suddenly interrupted me, "oh I'm sorry. I gotta go, bye." She turned around and ran into the portal.

It's only me left in the room. I sighed quietly and padded through the portal and found myself back in the tribe house. "Ah, you're back." Wayme said, his blue gaze staring at me. "Please, make yourself comfortable." He stepped aside. And there, I found myself in a garden filled with roses. Padding on, I found the entrance to the mansion. I headed straightly to my room, which had been transferred to level 4. I was being transported to the 4th floor by a lift, then, as usual, I entered my room. When I was curling up on the sofa in the living room of my room, surfing the web, someone was knocking my door. It was Wayme.

"Moth, are you there?" His voice proved that it was really Wayme who was knocking the door. I slid to the door and opened it within a blow.

"Yes?"

"Moth, I'm just wondering if you are interested to join the 10th Deathmatch tournament." He said, scripting down the names.

"Any requirements?" I asked, staring at Wayme.

"Um, just be able to cannon jump, shooting cannons and have your own skills."

"Who is in the tournament?"

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you about this."

"Oh never mind. Just wondering if Star is... In there." I noticed Wayme tensing up with Star. I wonder what happened between them.

"She's not in there, really." Wayme said, turning his board around and gave me a quick glance. "So, are you interested?"

Play it cool, play it cool Moth. "Umm... Why not?" I said, frowning. "Sounds like a fun event." I added, giving him a bright smile.

"It's not that fun, Moth. It's relatively painful, somehow. But anyways, if you insist to join, then I can't stop you from making this decision." Wayme said, sighing in deafeat.

"But I think you're the one who had asked me to join politely earlier. So I guess turning your offer down is not a good thing to do. That's why I go for yes." I said, giving him a stare as he dropped my name down on his board.

"Cool. Then I'll see you tomorrow, in the arena, 2nd floor, 9 o'clock. Don't be late." He said, then padded away. Giving me one last warning look, he sighed softly, before wandering away.

Closing the door, I asked myself. Moth, do you truly know how to deathmatch?

Even if the answer is no, I have to deal with it now.