23 | Betrayal

My gadget chimed next to my head, as my eyes flew open. "What's the time?" I squeezed shut my eyes as I stared at the bright light emitted from my gadget. 02:10 "Oh great." I muttered and cursed under my breath as I saw a new message coming from Star.

I'm sorry for everything. I read it out loud, frowning. What does she mean? I thought, scratching my head as I inhaled in horror. I jumped off my bed in a swift motion, with the remaining momentum, I grabbed my hat and put it on top of my newly-dyed curly hair. "Gah Star. What did you do to the color." I stared at it in disguise, I missed my brown colored hair. Without a moment of hesitation, I ruffled my hair and ran out from my room. "Star!" I yelled as I ran directly to her room, ignoring those groans thrown to me by my tribemates down there in the living room. "Star!" I yelled again as I busted open the door with a swift motion. Deathmatch skills. The door wasn't locked and it gave way. "Star!" I yelled and searched through all the rooms in her room, I even checked if she was hiding in the toilet, or outside the balcony. But nothing was there. The room was newly cleaned, and her jet black shotgun was put on her bed. "Star!" I yelled, but my voice was trembling now. What could be happening to her? I spun around and around, staring at my paws and rubbed them as if out of a habit. "Oh gosh Star!" I said, relieved as I finally got a response from her to my call. "Hmm? Mothy?" Her asked, her tone had clearly told me that she was absolutely confused to my anxiety.

"I thought you're gone!" I exclaimed as I put my gadget closer to my face. Ughhhh my headphones.

"You're right! I'm gone, indeed." Star replied in a calm tone, almost a monotone. I froze when I heard Lut, Karo, and Amb's voice in the background.

"W-what happened? Why are Lut, Karo and Amb with you?" I said, my anxiety rising.

"Got kicked out." Star said, her voice was calm.

"H-how..." My voice was hoarse from the surprise. I heard someone sighed at the other end, but I couldn't make out the identity of that 'someone'.

"Long story." I heard Star murmured as Amb announced at the other end that they had reached their destination.

"Where are you heading?" I asked as I walked out from Star's room and sped to Karo's room, empty.
Lut's room, empty.
Amb's room, empty.

"What happened? Where are you heading? Who is with you? Who kicked you out? Where are you guys?" A bunch of questions escaped my jaws like cannons from the best shotgun the tribe had ever had.

"Take it easy, Mothy."

"Can't!" I spat as I ran to Gint's room, adrenaline rising up my body as I allowed myself to run straight through the corridors without stopping for a breath. It was empty. A gasp left my jaws as I stood there staring at the empty room, didn't have the slightest idea about what to do. I sighed in defeat as Star ended our call without a goodbye, and a click took its place. "What is Wayme doing." I muttered before stepping out from the room and came face-to-face with the mouse whom I've met before, but his head accessory turned to a blue-black and blue one. And a fish was on his mouth.

"Oh heya Moth." He said, stepping away from the entrance of the room.

"Oh hey Keb." I said, my face flushed red with pure embarrassment. How can I run into him without noticing? I mentally scolded myself.

"Um.. What happened? You look...um... Flustered." I swiftly took off my black hat and combed my hair with my paws in a swift motion. I guess, I looked like crap now.

"Ah.. Um... Yea... Erm..." I began, didn't have an idea for answering that question. "You don't know about that?"

"Know about what?" He asked, his eyes narrowed.