part 61: lovely eyes

"Goodness, it's kinda quiet in here, isn't it?"

You cracked an eye open at hearing pearl's voice sound from your back, sounding quite relaxed, but mildly awkward. "It's... not often that things are this... uneventful in here." she shuffled slightly, twiddling her hands. "It's either us going on missions or steven getting into something... and sometimes we just spend time to ourselves in our room... even then, it's never this... calm." She hesitated at the final part, like she was trying to search for the correct word. "Like right now, I'd likely be out on a mission, searching for specific items or fighting corrupted gems or... getting steven out of trouble. or I'd be in my room training." She shifts her weight with a soft grunt and and hums softly. "This is quite a change in routine for me... but I do admit..." she smiles contently. "It... does feel quite nice."

She sighs, resting one arm on her abdomen and the other arm on your back, her hand unwittingly playing with locks of your fur

She sighs, resting one arm on her abdomen and the other arm on your back, her hand unwittingly playing with locks of your fur. "I think see why amethyst and spinel do this so often..." she mused, shutting her eyes and letting herself relax more. "Your mane is surprisingly soft." She chuckles to herself then sighs. "It's a wonder on how you kept it so clean despite your previous living conditions." your eye squinted slightly, unsure of how to take the blunt comment. "(Name) made sure to keep herself clean." You replied lightly. "Especially with a corrupted gem like (name), she needs to look as decent as she can." You joked, letting you a small snort in amusement. Unbeknownst to you, pearl pouted, unamused by your so called "joke"

"(Name), don't say it like that." You hear pearl quip, as she flipped onto her stomach, and played with a strand of fur between her fingers. "You're better looking than most, if any, corrupt gems we've seen." You squinted your eye at this, turning your head slightly to look at her in mild skepticism. "Really? How so?" There was a hum, and you felt her hands migrate from your shoulders to your head, tracing the base of your horn with her finger. "Well, you aren't really that startling looking in appearance." She then sits up and gets up off of you, turning to get a better look at you. "Despite your quadruped, or hexapod anatomy and massive size," she spares a brief glance at your six limbs, before walking to your front. "You really don't appear all that intimidating. If anything, humans typically like things that are fluffy." You hummed softly, watching as she knelt down infront of you. She wore a very warm smile as she set a hand on your muzzle. "Your face especially isn't frightening." She chuckled lightly. "Not only is it symmetrical, buut..." she then brings both hands up to part your bangs, smiling as you blinked at her with a friendly, if not a little confused smile.