⭐part 90: training time 💖

"Our minds must be clear first." You instructed, letting the cool water of the waterfall run down your back, flattening your fur to your body, and draping your bangs over your eyes. "It'll assist in finding our centers. Our inner strengths."

Infront of you were your 3 students, two of which baring a change in outfits. Garnet had her shirt off, leaving her in a white tank top while Hopper wore a puffy white jumpsuit of sorts and hoppy opted to remain in her uniform. All of them had their eyes shut as they listened to your instruction. "Yes, sensei."

You breathed in deeply, allowing the sounds of the flowing water sooth you, and you felt yourself falling into a state of perfect zen. You were rewarded with the light tingling as mana starting to manifest in your gem, making it glow slightly in the dimly lit area.

With a slow exhale, you continued on, "Remain focused. We mustn't let anything outside distract us from-"

🎵~hmhmhm~🎵

Cracking an eye open, you look over to your side to find Ringo, in a rather disturbing sumo-esc get up, wearing only a white garment, washing his hair as he hummed contently to himself, seemingly unaware of your lesson. "Ringo!~🎵"

You scowled to yourself in annoyance as your focus faltered, with your pupils turning to look at the spectacle as well, having their focus broken as well.

"Ringo!~🎵"

Yes... this man seems very familiar in someways to someone...

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Watch carefully."

Taking a deep breath, you bowed your head and shut your eyes and fell into a deep concentration.

"Hmmm

"Hmmm...."

Your head began to burn as you started to gather your existing mana into your horns, making them glow with a mysterious light

You huffed out a puff of steam, and raised your head high, letting the limited light glint off your horns

"Hyper Horns!" Hopper and Hoppy gasped in awe.

There was a sudden beep as Hoppy scanned you with her tablet, sputtering in utter in amazement from the sheer amount of impossible power you held alone. "S-Sensei's power is HOPPIN' OUT OF BOUNDS!"

Hoppy looked over at the table herself, her eye wide in disbelief. "I-Impossible! W-What kind of level is THAT!?"

"It's the level garnet must reach in order to complete this mission." You rumbled, turning towards garnet, bowing your head so the tips of your horns would be pointed at her. "Now," You called, your eyes burning with resolve. "Mimic."

Garnet stood in uncertainty for a moment, before she nods and summons her gauntlets. She crouches and starts mimicking your concentration as she channeled her mana into the hand weapons, making them glow and swell into impossible sizes, making her stagger beneath their weight.

"Weighted gauntlets!" Hopper and Hoppy were just as amazed.

"Good job." You praised, nodding in satisfaction at the large gauntlets. "And now," you took a challenging stance, digging your claws into the sodden ground, and planting your hooves firmly. "Strike!"

With a strained grunt, she wheeled a fist back and, with effort, managed to throw a punch into your horn.

It sent a strong ripple through your body along with a considerably strong quake from the contact, but you still stood strong, unmoved. Unaffected.

Hopper's tablet beeped as she received an update on garnet's rise in power. "SHE JUST GAINED 10 POWER FROM THAT ONE PUNCH!"

"Not bad..." You hummed. "But Garnet's gonna need more if she wants to be as strong as (name)." You turned to garnet, your eyes narrowed into a challenging glare. "Another strike!"

Garnet strained, sweating as struggled to even hold up the massive metal weapons. She tried to move to make a punch, but despite her efforts, she gave out, letting her weighted hands fall to the ground, as she tried to catch her breath.

This wasn't going to do.

"Come on! Focus!" You growled, cupping her sweat covered face, forcing her to look you in the eyes. "Garnet can do this!" Your face then softened slightly as your stare intensified. "Think about who we're fighting for."

The moment you said this, two adorable young faces flashed in her mind. An adorable curly haired boy and an equally adorable pink pigtailed gem.

She needed to get back to them.

She needed to protect them.

She needed to fight for them!

A burning sense of determination flooded her body, giving her the fiery strength to lift her fists back up with a growl of resolve, taking on a challenging stance.

With a satisfied grunt, you leapt back and brandished your elongated horns at her challengingly and bowed your head at her again, snorting out a hot puff of steam from your nose. "En garde!"

Punch after punch was thrown into your horns, each throw becoming stronger and faster, until her fists became a blur, while you took them with no trouble, swinging your head occasionally to test how well she can dodge the pointed tips of your horns without losing her rhythm.

The trio before you both watched in complete shock and awe. Hopper in particular watched garnet's power rise at rapid speeds.

"7,000..!"

"8,000..!"

"10,000!"

"NUMBERS HAVE NO MEANING!!"

The sheer amount of power that radiated from the two of you proved too much for the little device and it eventually snapped in half from the pressure.

At last, after taking many hits, you lowered your head down so your horns pointed towards the ground, to which garnet stepped onto them, and with a strong flick of your head, you flung her up into the air, where she releases her final punch on a nearby mountain, which breaks it in half as easily as a twig.

She lands in front of you, dispelling her gauntlets and looking up at your looming form, as you sat with your forearms crossed. Her thankfully hidden eyes scanning your face for any reaction. "Well?"

You cracked a smirk and nodded to the gem. "Garnet's ready."

Garnet bows toward you respectfully. "Thank you, sensei."

"So cool!" Fawned the trio, who still stood a few steps away from you both.