part 94: watermelon moment

Back at the Car Wash, Steven, Spinel and Greg were sitting in the lot, munching on some fresh watermelon slices. Spinel was especially enjoying the fruit, with juice and seeds dribbling down her chin.

"Mmm, so this is what watermelon is?" She asked, her mouth full of watermelon.

Steven smiles cheerfully. "I told you you'd like it!"

Greg chuckled lightly at Spinel's enthusiasm, taking a bite out of his melon piece. "Watermelon is a pretty good earth custom, isn't it?"

"Mm, you're telling me!" Spinel chirps, taking another big bite out of watermelon. "I tell ya, they never had stuff like this back at my old home!"

Steven tilted his head in interest. "Old home?"

"Steven? Spinel?"

The young duo turned towards a slightly distorted mature woman's voice, and smiled broadly as they saw a familiar, fluffy figure lumbering towards them.

"(Name)!" They cheered in unison as Greg turned to see your approach, and smiled warmly as you approached. "Oh! Heya (nickname)!" He greeted.

"Hello, Greg." You greeted the man, with a polite smile. "What is everyone up to?"

Greg shrugged. "Just relaxing, eatin' some watermelon." He held up his wedge. "Care to join us?"

"Yeah! Come on, (nickname)!" Spinel urged, patting the spot next to her. "Try some of this watermelon stuff! It's super yummy!"

You tilted your head at their offer. You came here to get them home for dinner and get them ready for bed. "Well... Steven and Spinel are supposed to be home for dinner now..."

"Aw, come on, (name)!" Steven Piped, sitting up straighter. "Sit with us for a bit! We haven't sat like this in forever!"

"Yeah!" Spinel chimes in. "And we can have watermelon for dinner! Just for tonight!"

A watermelon dinner? You almost visibly frowned at the thought. This only made you hesitate further. Doesn't sound very fulfilling for a child his age... "Mmmm...."

"Come on, (name)..." Steven urged, this time offering his wedge of watermelon to you. They both then lean forward forward to give you his infamous puppy eyes. "Pleeeeeaaaase?"

You stared at them for a lengthy amount of time before letting out a snort of defeat, letting a small grin curl your muzzle

You stared at them for a lengthy amount of time before letting out a snort of defeat, letting a small grin curl your muzzle. "Just this once."

"Yeaaaaaah!" Both gems cheered as you took the melon wedge from Steven and took and laid down beside spinel.

From there, you all just relaxed in the car wash lot, enjoying your watermelons in the warmth of the setting afternoon sun, which turned everything a light shade of orange.

At some point, steven tipped his head back and spat a seed up into the air, which landed on his cheek, forming a faux tear. "Look guys, I'm Amadeus!"