part 35: no...

wha...?

your eyes widened slightly as your eyes darted around, staggering blindly around a cold,  pitch black void of a clearing. where... is this place? you shuddered at a chill sweeping down your back at the near deafening silence as you stood frozen in place, your fingers curling into the cold, dark ground, your head whipping around, trying to find some source of light, some source of light, some source of ANYTHING really. your wish soon came, though, as you finally spotted something hover into your line of sight. uh oh.

that dreadful illuminating insect.

you just watched as it neared you, fluttering innocently towards you, doing a small orbit around your head before landing on your nose. your pupils crossed as they focused on the pure white bug, eye squinting in confusion and mild curiosity. what... is going on?

monster.

your eyes flew open at an unidentified whisper, suddenly ringing in your senses. what?

you're... a monster.

your breathing suddenly intensified, as the insect on your nose suddenly crawled up until it rested on the bridge of your nose.

a brutish beast.

the voice... it was... emanating from the thing. with a grunt, you swung at the wretched thing, only for it to evade your paw with ease, fluttering in place as you staggered back from it, eyes wide and terrified as you stared at it, trembling at a sudden cold that plagued you. the insect just fluttered there, as if it were watching you. it was almost taking pleasure in your distress...

monster.

"n...no..." you croaked, your voice dry and hushed. "n-no... th-that's wrong..."

your a monster.

you felt your mouth go dry, as your limbs trembled harder.

destructive brute.

"n-no! (name) isn't a-!"

more and more of the white pests came, flying around you in swarms, surrounding your body, buzzing with profanities that replaced the once silent clearing, filling your senses, rattling your core, overwhelming you with the incessant hiss of spiteful whispers that caused your hair to prick.

you're a monster.

a brute.

a beast.

a brutish orc.

tears started to fill your eyes as you helplessly watched the white cyclone of insects swarm you, feeling tingles as some landed on your flanks and back, leading to you swatting fruitlessly at them, only for them to land on another part of your body, as if they were intentionally teasing you.

taunting you.

mocking you.

your paws felt numb, and you threw your chest into the ground, clamping your forepaws to your head, desperately trying to shut out the spiteful whispers that made your body prick in flaming hot shame.

a brute.

a beast.

a thing.

a nobody.
~~~~~~~~~~~

"STOP IT!!"

your bellowing roar split the air of the beach, sending a few seagulls flying off at the sound of your voice, along with the subtle shake it caused. You quickly stagger to your paws and hooves, looking around frantically, drawing ragged breaths as you did. You on the beach, just aways from the beach house.

You clasped a paw to your head, a deep groan of frustration and sorrow emanating from the back of your throat. What a pleasant experience that was.

Absentmindedly, you look down at the horizon, to find yourself emersed in the beautiful mix of blue and orange lining the ocean's horizon with the half emerged sun that lit the beach in a gentle golden glow and a comforting warmth. Enraptured, you decided to sit there for a moment, watching as the sun slowly emerged from the sea to take its position into the sky. it was when it was halfway up, you decided to get up and get back to the beach house.

On your way there, however, you had your gaze trained on your paws as you walked, hearing the heavy thuds of each stride. You curled your lip into a faint grimace.

Hard to believe these paws belonged to a gem.

What even was I?

A soldier?

A mechanic?

You shook your head with a huff.

Funny.

A bitter smirk curls your mouth.

Even the sun has a better sense of what it is then me.
~~~~~~~~~

Once you reached the beach house, you carefully opened the door, and poked your head in. In the loft you heard the faint snores of little steven and you saw spinel still asleep on the couch, face buried deep into a pillow. You grinned softly at this and shook the sand out of your mane and lumbered in.

Well... there's no way I can sleep now. They'll be up in a matter of time.

You lift your gaze to the kitchen, eyes narrowing slightly.

...I may as well.
~~~~~~~~~

Steven woke up to a delicious scent wafting the air. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he slowly crawled out of bed and made his way down stairs, to see spinel sitting up on the couch, rubbing her eyes as well. "Good morning, spinel." He greeted warmly to which the pink gem smiles tiredly in return. "Mornin' Stevie." Steven yawned and rubbed at his eye again. "Say, do you smell something-"

"It's only (name)." Both spinel and steven snapped their heads to you, who was silently cooking breakfast for the two. "Breakfast is pancakes, eggs and bacon." You informed watching as you cracked an egg on your horn and watched as the yolk poured and sizzled in one pan while flipping the pancakes in the other pan. Steven, of course was ecstatic, traditionally doing the 'starry-eyed cheek squish'. And spinel had glittery eyes, wearing an amazed smile. "When did you learn how to do all that stuff?"

You internally snickered. "(Name) just... observant. No big deal." You simply replied, recalling the time you watched steven prepare breakfast with his father. "No big deal!?" Steven repeated, apparently taken aback. "It's a HUGE deal!" He threw his arms up into the air. At once, amethyst exits the blue temple doors, stretching and yawning like she normally did before sniffing the air. "Yo, what smells nice in here?" When she looks over to you, she lets out an incredulous laugh. "Sweeet! You're really learnin' your way around, huh?" You shook your head, with a plaintiff smile on your muzzle. "It's the best (name) can do for now." You narrowed your eyes at your massive paws operating the tools and grimaced slightly.

Or... ever.