Chapter 59: Imposing Obstacles

Enjoy and feel free to point out any typos or errors... Questions are fine, too.

Dylan Xander's POV

I passed the threshold of the neighbourhood within seconds, a bolt of lightning blitzing down the road, dragging a powerful gust of wind behind it.

My Speedforce aura bathed over my body, a newfound clarity was felt as I ran as Pursuit.

The Speedforce... Closing my eyes for several paces, in reality less than a fraction of a millisecond as I progressed to downtown.

"Dylan!" I heard Evan through the comms, it put me off as he was no where near the lab yet

"Dylan!" I heard Evan through the comms, it put me off as he was no where near the lab yet. "We're calling from the car" Nagato said from his position.

"Where abouts are you?" Ryan wondered, his voice was further away, probably sitting in the back seat.

"I'm probably a few seconds from downtown, why?"

"They said it was an Attack, reports say a group of powerful individuals with a wide range of abilities. I...vibed the phone and saw Meta-Humans. Do you need any backup?" Nagato was quick to the point as I vaulted over a sedan and slide atop a truck before continuing my sprint down he road.

"Backup?! Wh-"

"I-I can help..." Ryans tone broke through the silence on the other end. "...I-It's what I've been training for, right?"

"We were helping you control your powers, I'm not gonna ask you to put yourself in danger!" I took a sharp turn down another street, zig zagging through the last hour traffic.

Ryan sighed, "You won't have to... But after everything you've done, let me help" He lost the timid tone as he composed himself.

Evan began to speak before I could, "This reminds me that I have a prototype suit I've been working on for Ryan. In the back"

"On it" Kana's voice breached through the chaos of the phone call.

"I'm around the corner, meet me when you can!" I stopped running atop a rooftop, looking down below to see massive explosions that towered halfway up the buildings.

Police had created a barricade, though it wasn't gonna hold. Pro-Heroes were pinned down by what seemed to be a woman manipulating the very earth everyone was standing on.

I hung up the phone, taking a exaggerated breath. "Geokinesis? Is that what it's call?" Shaking my head, I made my move as the pink rock themed earthbender slammed their fist into the ground.

My eyes caught the other Meta-Humans, three more of them. One had glowing eyes of red that bubbled with this volatile energy that was sent out like heatvision...

No...That's been coined by Kara and her cousin... How about...OpticBlast? That works...

Next was a thing that seemed to seek out of the road like molten tar! That's not fair!