Chapter 39: Conflicting Feels

A sigh escaped me as I sat at the desk in the lab. My eyes scanned through the files and Damage report from Camino Ward. The casualties of the event dropped dramatically from my involvement but people still died...

I wasn't able to save them... John says I can't save everyone and I know that but... Surge, as long as he's out there, more people are in danger.

It has been 3 days since the incident, All Might retired, All For One is now in a super max facility where nobody will let him out. Kana is busy with Ryan and the serum that Surge uses. Rien knows my secret... We're a little awkward but slowly moving past it. She said she wouldn't tell anyone, not even Izuku.

I have a feeling there is something else she isn't telling me and that is weighing on her.

My hand closed the long file that I had already read and placed it on the desk. The swivel chair creaked as I stood up to stretch. Suddenly, my phone started to buzz.

I looked at the Caller ID, it was Katsuki's ID...

"Hello?" I answered. "Hi? Is this Dylan Xander? The one my son is trying so hard to not give me information about!?" A female voice, strong and confident came through.

"GIVE MY PHONE BACK!! YOU OLD HAG!!" There's my explosive anger management boy. "Um... Yeah, this is him" I spoke with a higher pitch, being extremely confused and all.

"Well, that's lovely... My son is too much of a wuss to call you to ask if you wanted to come over for dinner? Quiet brat!" There was a smacking sound and a grunt with profanities afterwards.

"S-sure... What time?"

"How about tonight? Around 6:30?" I looked at the clock. Four hours... Yeah, I got time. "I guess I'll see you then... Bye Mrs Bakugou"

"Please... Call me Mitsuki"

"Okay... Bye Mitsuki"

"Bye!..." There was a moment before I heard a struggle. "YOU OLD HAG! WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS!?" Katsuki yelled. "SHUT UP BRAT! I'M ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOUR PATHETIC ASS!!"

"Can w-we all calm dow-"

"SHUT UP HONEY/CLOWN!!!"

The argument continued as I blankly stared at the wall in my lab. "YOU BRAT! DON'T TALK TO YOUR FATHER THAT WAY!"

"WHATEVER YOU HAG!"

"STOP CALLING ME HAG!"

My brain buffered as I stood up and grabbed my coat. Looking around the lab, seeing nobody, I flashed away, hanging up the phone in the process.

I then got a text...

Katsuki: Bring something to sleep over in! This is Mitsuki talking by the WAY!

Did that word just autocorrect to all caps?! I blitzed through an intersection, pulling somebody out or a car wreck, moving people out of the crash zone before continuing my run.

Me: Uh...No problem... Thank you for the invite

I eventually flashed to the front door of my home after stopping a few crimes around the city. Phasing inside so nobody on the patrol on the outside of the house saw me. I took off my shoes and called out. "Rien! I'm home"

"We're in here!" We?... I walked to the living room, only to see Izuku sitting in the couch with Rien cuddled up to him. "Hey Love birds" I greeted.

"Hey Xander... How have you been?" Izuku turned to ask. I shrugged, "I'm okay... Just came home early to get ready" I said casually as I moved from leaning on the wall to wandering down the hall to my room. "Wait... Getting ready for what!" Rien struggled to get off the couch but she ran to my doorway as I used my speed to pack a bag of clothes.