Chapter 46: Other Areas of Improvement

My body moved with excessive speed, the city was crossed in a matter of countable moments.

My eyes focusing forward with full concentration.

The memory of Surge flashed through my mind... My jaw clenched...

Faster, I thought...

The way he spoke... The things he said... Rien and Katsuki flashed through my mind... I'd have to one day choose?...

My hands balled up into fists as I stride forward...

Must go Faster...

The memories of Kaminari... My friend flashed through my mind as Surge beat the living hell out of me...

My jaw tightened as I grinded my teeth...

Move Faster... Be Faster God Damn It!...

Thoughts flooded my mind as I ran... The skill difference... The knowledge difference... I was playing at a severe disadvantage... The game was broken from the start...

The wind passed my face as I pushed every muscle in my body to move faster. But the faster I ran, the harder if felt to breathe. Not physically, though I was mentally suffocating... Drowning in my own head.

I had so many questions... So much anger...

Surge... He's the reason my Dad is dead... Is he the reason my Mom died?...

Without caring, I let out a rage filled scream as I blitzed through the city at impossible speeds. It was late at night, the day I had returned from I-Island.

I should be asleep, resting my body though I couldn't. My bed just wouldn't let my body rest.

Everytime I closed my eyes I saw my Mom in her final moments. I imagined my Dad during the Accelerator Explosion...

I imagined the thoughts Rien would've experienced when I will inevitably sacrifice her... How do I tell Izuku? How do I live with myself?

I was lacking in so much... Fighting experience... Combat technique... Power Control... Knowledge of my Powers...

What is a Speedforce?... Or... Who is it?... I just couldn't bring myself to stop running.

That was until I ran out into the ocean, creating a tornado then destroying it... Though I returned to the shore with a small tidal wave spreading outwards.

I ran over the hills, up and around the city block. Eventually I just let my legs carry me...

That was until I was standing outside a building... Various lights were on though the one I wished was on, wasn't.

I stood on the U.A campus, near the Dormitory Building for Class 1-A.

Pulling out my phone, I called him... I knew he was asleep though I needed to. The phone rung for a few moments until it answered. "Hello?..." His voice came through deep and full of fatigue.

He sounded adorable when he was tired. "Dee?..." I exhaled. "Hey" I quietly spoke. "What the hell are you doin' up? It's fucking two in the morning" He wondered tiredly.

Was that the time?... Had I been running for three hours?...

"I just... I don't know why I called. Sorry for waking you up" I was about to hang up but he spoke. "Whoa... No. You don't just do this shit for no reason. What's up?" It helped that he cared but I didn't know where to start.

"I... Nothing. I've just been thinking about my Mom and Dad... Haven't been able to sleep. Suppose I needed to hear a familiar voice"

I heard movement on his bed... "How about I call you tomorrow? Sorry for waking you" I said suddenly. Probably knowing he'd get nothing out of me, he responded. "Ugh, fine... I will see you tomorrow" He demanded.