Chapter 96: Underground

Dylan Xander's POV

A single bolt of lightning crashed into the ground, causing a thunderous eruption along the grassy plain, scarring the earth with a blackened web of charred dirt. A moment of clarity washed over me and my eyes suddenly snapped to the scenery around my position. 

My eyes darted from side to side, only capturing the view of a space I never thought I'd seeated again. It was peaceful, even when the sky roared with rolling thunder, flashes of various colours  of yellow, white, red and so on. 

"You're awake..." The sound of a woman pulled my attention from my surroundings, turning around, the sensation of weight was returned to my senses. I could feel my clothes, I wasn't wearing my Suit and I felt no pain at the current moment. 

The woman to alerted me stood still, one hand grasping the other in front of her. Their skin was pale, and form lean. Her hair blew in the wind generated by the lightning storm that seemed to be brewing in the sky. Her expression was calm, almost serene, as if she was in control of this encounter. 

Her lips lifted at the sight of me, like she was staring at a child of her own creation. "I'm sure this might be confusing for us to appear to you in this form..." 

There is was... She spoke with an etherealness and when she referred to herself as many, all the pieces fell in place. 

"Speedforce?..." Her grin grew wider as she took a step forward. "We were afriad we'd need to change our visage into somebody you'd be more comfortable with... We can do that if you prefer--"

"N..." I held out my hand to politely gesture her to stop, "No... This is fine..." I didn't want her to masquerade as my dead mother, I knew she'd have power of me if she did. 

"Do you know why you're here?"

My silence opened the topic for disucssion as my expession grew perplexed. "Your battle with Denki Kamianri has left your body severely drained of our energies. We're lucky you're body has a natural gift to soak up the power we grant to you"

"What..." I stammered, taking a step forward. "What are you saying?"

Tilting her head, the Speedforce in a new form turned around, looking back to face me. "Come..." She held her hand out, awaiting me to take it. The distance between us faded as her hand was within arm's reach. Hesitating for a brief moment, my hand paused before making contact. 

Taking a deep breath, my hand was found in her grasp. In a flash of light, we were elsewhere. The scenery shifting onto a street corner, it the dark sky indicated it was night. "When you fought with Surge, you accessed a power that you're not ready for once again. Along with your fight, you managed to be manipulated into turning Denki Kaminari into a true Speedster in the past, effectively changing his future" 

"His lightning..." I recalled the red energy that wrapped around his body, similarly to my Golden Yellow Shroud when I run. "Although, being a Speedster makes him susceptible to our rules"

"He's manipulated the Timeline"

"So did you, it alerted us to your perdicament, so we sent one of our enforcers to chase him"

"Wait! That...thing was from the Speedforce?!" I exclaimed, unable to fathom how they managed to created such a monster and keep it under their control. "Hunter Zoloman was one of Barry Allen's previous adversaries that we believed could be of use"

"Why are you telling me this?"

The environment warped, taking us into an alleyway where I saw myself still falling to the ground from exhaustion. "Kaminari won't be able to make a move against you while the Black Racer is on his tail but that doesn't mean we will handle this battle for you but while you recover, we are ensuring your safety..."