Chapter 63: Losing Sight of Things

Dylan Xander's POV

Flashing into the lab, I continued my investigation to find Denki. Both of them, I can't believe Surge would do something like this.

To interfere directly with your past self won't end well, he could be experiencing any matter of phenomenon.

His mind could be spliting between multiple timelines, the two could literally cancel each other out of existence.

The possibilities are endless, especially without the protective aura the Speedforce provides from these sorts of situations.

I read through the results and reports, I hadn't been home in weeks. That's how long it has been and the Meta-Human presence has increased alongside it.

It's like this was perfectly constructed, I can't be in two places at once. It's all my fault, if I hadn't been caught up in relationship drama, I could've-

"DAMN IT!" In a fit of rage I just let everything put. The lab was empty as my arms were thrown into the air and all my work was sent to the floor.

My powers reacted to my frustration as bolts of lightning spring free from my form, arching around the room and blowing the lights and machines in the lab.

The grid flicked as I stood still in my very own hell, time had begun to drag behind like a snail. Bright, thick electricity of golden yellow erupted from my torso and limbs.

My eyes closed, creating a thin line of light that escaped from my shut lids. The energy sparked out of the thin slits. The lightning continued dancing around me.

I can't do anything! All this power and I'm nothing! I couldn't save my Mother, my Father, I might not be able to save Rien in the future, I'm too chicken shit scared to tell Katsuki everything, and now...

I CAN'T EVEN SAVE DENKI!

The TV flicked on and off, the News Channel continued to pop up. The headline was hounding U.A for another failure.

People are rioting, worse than when Katsuki and Rien were taken. The Hero Society can't stop Meta-Humans, they can't stop people who can wipe out cities on occasion.

They can't stop Time Travel...

"D-Y-L-A-N!" My name was heard, elongated and stretched. Put behind a panicked tone of my Uncle who was beginning a sprint towards me.

His movements were slow, too slow to reach me. I stumbled back at Mach 9, my eyes blurred as I realised I had crashed into the other side of the lab.

My body vibrated as I began to hyperventilate, the world didn't make sense anymore. I couldn't breach the white noise that screamed in my head.

Whispering faint rumbles within my thoughts. Hateful speech that threatened to burst free.

My Uncle had only been able to take a single step when I realised I was having a panic attack.

Unable to breath, I forced myself to stand and run. Phasing out of he building, I had instantly broken the sound barrier as I ran through the street.

The ground split under my pressure, my lightning burning at the air around me. Tears leaked from the corners of my eyes, onky to get caught my the electrical charge that erupted from my ocular system. I knew what could fix this.

I could fix this... I could play at that Motherfucker's own twisted game. Gritting my teeth, I grunted.

My hands tightened into fists as I picked up more speed. The panic fading into this rage that chased close behind me.