Chapter 4: In My Blood

(Dylan's POV)

I was rudely awoken by Rien smashing my face with a pillow, my body jerked out of bed and was in full defence mode. "Whoa... Easy there..." she raised her hands in surrender, I relaxed, my gaze wandering around my room. It was still darker than usual. The sun must've not raised fully.

"W-Why are you waking me up at the crack if dawn? I'm not going to school" I groaned. "Cheer up! I just wanted to say good morning before I left for school" She is really cheerful this morning.

"Uh... Good Morning. Can I go back to sleep?" I was too tired and I wanted to sleep. "Sure... Bye then..." Rien rushed out of the room and I collapsed back on my bed.

.....

My eyes fluttered open, the welcoming shine from the sun beamed through my window, it was relaxing. Until my stomach started to aggressively rumble.

I pulled myself from my bed and used my speed to get dressed into something for the day ahead. Then I wandered out to the kitchen.

As I walked out, I saw Uncle John sitting at the dinning table. He was already dressed, wearing a different form of flannel, and blue jeans. "Good Morning Kiddo" He said with a kind tone.

"Morning..." I was blunt, I needed food. I opened the pantry and pulled out a selection of food. Then walked to the counter, making it quickly, at human speed.

"Somebody is hungry..." he said, "Yep... I am starving" I admitted while buttering my 7th piece of toast.

I sat down, quickly eating my food, "There is such thing a eating. Not inhaling..." My Uncle huffed, his eyes slyly wandering over my form. "I'm hungwy..." I mumbled with food in my mouth.

He laughed as he took a so from his coffee. "I have to go to the precinct today. Something about a new case that has just opened and My partner and I are on point with it. I know I shouldn't leave you, so I'll call in si-", "I'll be fine. I feel fine. How about I go to the Lab today?"

There was a moment of silence, then John spoke up, "Okay... That will probably be for the best"

.....

After breakfast, John got ready for work, he was wearing some formal wear, he looked good in a suit. Mom used to say I look like her brother when I wore formal stuff.

He dropped me off at the Lab's, which took forever compared to using my speed for the travel.

Once he left, Kana, Evan and I got to work.

We ran tests on my speed and body. I had increase my top speed by 0.02% of my previous average.

Then we started checking for any abnormal readings in the city for Dark Matter fluctuation, which Evan went to his lab to continue building something, I quote, "Life Changing"

Soon, the cortex started blaring with a tech based alarm, Kana pulled up the data, it was something downtown. It was... Radioactive, but held a large amount of Dark Matter.

Evan ran into the cortex and started looking at the computer. "Evan... Could you bring up a live feed or Something?"

"No need... It's on the news" Kana pointed out, putting the news channel on one of the screen.

'Breaking News: A masked Man has seemed to be rampaging through the streets of downtown Musutafu. The feed has continuously cut out upon close proximity. But there has been multiple severe injuries and the authorities are being held at bay'

The feed finally cut back in, showing the police and heroes fighting the masked man. In the chaos, I saw my Uncle in the fire fight.

"Dylan... N-" I already flashed out of the building, racing towards downtown Musutafu. I took the communicator that Evan created.