Chapter 23: Human Bomb

I ran back into the cortex, walking out of a room, pulling my shirt on, Kana was yelling into the Mic. "I'm okay" I assured. "What... happened?"

"Where is my suit?" Evan asked with a spiteful glare. "Uh... It's gone"

"What do you mean it's gone. What the hell happened to my suit?" My friend stood up with a massive frown of frustration. "It blew up... Kaboom!"

"Kaboom?"

"That guys touched the emblem on my chest and it glowed. A few moments later, it blew up" I explained, as Kana walked to the computer. "The suit's readings had high concentrations of dark matter. So, he had the ability to cause spontaneous combustion?" I nodded in agreement. "Are we forgetting that this monster blew up my suit?!" Evan continued to rant. "Don't have like three other's?"

"Okay... First off... I have two and that one was my baby..." Evan childishly pouted, "His name was Ryan, he didn't seem violent or hell bent on hurting people" I explained with a pitiful frown. "Why do you think he was at City Hall?"

I shrugged in lack of knowledge, "Uh... I'm gonna look for anything on the MPD archive about missing persons and spontaneous explosions... Can you see what you can find?"

Evan glared at his screen, ""Yeah... I'm gonna find this ass and chuck his evil butt in the pipeline... Nobody destroys my baby and gets away with it. Not even a me" He started typing on his computer and Kana and I shared the look you get when you're dealing with a child. "I'm gonna run analysis on what actually happened to the suit. To see if we can find out how the Meta's powers work" Kana started walking into her lab.

I awkwardly stood there for a moment, "What are you doing? the more time you waste, the less time we have to find that evil terror baby bomber" Evan scolded like a child. "How are you two years older than me?" I mumbled as I flashed out of the cortex.

This is what I get when my team is literally people who graduated from school earlier than most... Kana is 19 and Evan is 18... But Evan has the attention span of a 6-year-old...

I wish Nagato would wake up from his coma...

.....

I flashed to the Precinct. As I walked into the building in my normal clothes, nobody stopped me on the way in.

But what was unexpected was the state of the place. Everybody was in chaos, running around like mad men. I walked into the main foyer, seeing my Uncle pull his jacket on. "Hey... What's going on?" I asked I'm with haste.

My Uncle frowned in my direction, "City Hall... What happened? They say it's a nuke" He informed. "No... It's actually some guy. He's a Meta-Human. Kana and Evan are already trying to find him before he accidently hurts someone"

He nodded before running out of the Precinct with his partner. "Dylan... We're gonna need a CSI for this"

"Yeah... I'll see you in a few. Just need to check something" With that, he left.

I quickly walked to the archives, once I was inside, I pulled up the database, quickly speed reading the information. That was until I found a match.

Ryan Kiho, 18 years old, undergrad student who's majoring in Nuclear Physics...

I pulled his file from the system and sent it to Evan. With any hope, we can find him before his powers hurt anyone else. So, we can help him.

As I stepped away from the computer, I flashed out of the building. Running at Super Speed towards City Hall. As I raced through the street, something happened.

There was a flash of light next to me, then I saw me running by me. I was in a suit that was slightly different than my own, our gazes met but then he faded. I stopped running, skidding to a complete stop in a alleyway.

"What the hell was that?"

I looked around, there was a bus stop that had a couple sitting at it. "This so dumb. I knew we should've drove to the movies" the female said with sass.

The street was mostly quiet, I saw a figure lurking in the alleyway. I flashed away, ignoring the lurker. Within a few moments, I arrived at City Hall.

There were a few Pro-heroes here. They didn't need to be. I saw All Might and Erasurehead talking to my Uncle. When he saw me, I was gestured over to him.

I walked up with a friendly smile. "Hey, Uncle John..."

"You're late... That is unacceptable by my standards" Aizawa bluntly stated which caused me to raised an eyebrow in question. "It is nice to see the youth of today working hard. You probably know me. I am All Might"

Does he do this to everyone? I'm not fully impressed, I've seen him many times. Fought him as well. "Uh... Nice to meet you" I shook him abnormally large hand.

I cleared my throat, "I-I should get to work" I excused myself and jogged into he building for evidence collection. My eyes scanned the room for any evidence. My eyes focused on a dark marking on the marble floor, the ground was caved in and the rubble looked oddly similar to dust. 

I put my gloves on and gently placed some of the residue in an evidence bag. Then, I moved along the markings, they weren't randomly placed. That's when I saw my supervisor. His taller form crouched down to observe the markings on the ground. 

His blue eyes practically scanned the residue, "Hey, Xander... What did you find?' My hand held out the bag of evidence. "This is the rubble from whatever radiated the energy. The footprints in the small crater are size 11 in mens" I looked around the room. 

"You see the marks on the ceiling?" I pointed out which he looked up, his mid length blonde fell back, "That is from the same thing that caused this. The energy that was released must be a form of mixture between corrosive and force... Possibly radioactive" 

"Good work, Xander" 

"Uh... Thank you Mr Fable" 

He stood up and walked away to file reports on the scene, "Why was he here?" I looked at the marks on the wall, they were basically shattered impacts in the wall. I walked over to the streak of black on the marble. It was a burnout mark. 

Each mark from the energy released was near a burnout mark, that was not only on the ground. But on the roof and walls. That's when I saw my Uncle walk up to me, "Find anything?" 

"Other than the fact that our Meta is has an energy based ability and there are signs of a struggle here... Nothing" My Uncle looked at the burnout mark. "I thought you were here. I assumed that you were fighting the Meta" That's when I shook my head. 

"I didn't fight him. Then again, he seemed scared. Like he didn't want to be here..."

"Do you think he was brought here?"

A shrugged was seen from me, "The only things I can imagine that could bring him here is a teleporter or..." The realisation hit me. "A speedster..." My eyes gazed into my Uncle's with seriousness, "He did this... The Speedster" 

"O-Okay... You get to Haven Labs and find our Meta before that asshole does... I'll continue the investigation" With a nod, I started walking out of the building. As I walked out, Aizawa stepped in front of me with a serious look in his eye. "Where are you going?" 

I readjusted my bag, "The lab... Got evidence analyse..." 

"I'll take you to the Precinct..." I shook my head, "Thanks for the offer but I'm good" I insisted. "Walking through the streets at this hour? That seems dangerous" Why is he so hell bent on taking me? "I'll be fine... I'm catching a train. The station isn't far" 

I walked past him and down the street, as I took a turn, I saw him staring at me. My body stepped down another sidewalk on another street. When nobody saw me, I flashed away with my speed. 

This was probably my longest two days, ever...