Chapter 7: Hitting The Streets

(Dylan's POV)

"Hey, Evan... What do you get for me?" I asked through the comms as I ran at Super Speed, around 700km/h.

"Uh... There's a Fire on 2nd on All Might Street. Get there now" I raced through the streets, running past building after building. "Whoa... Dude!" I stopped running.

"What? Did I miss it?" I asked Evan, "Uh... Yeah... By about 6 blocks" he said. I sighed in exasperation, "My bad..." I starting running back, reaching the fire.

There was a small crowd of people, most of them had soot on their faces and were in their pyjamas. I raced into the building, the flames moving out of my way from the force of my speed.

I looked around the building, the smoke was dense and it was hard to see through. "Evan! There's fire everywhere!"

"Evan!"

Then I saw two kids walking into the hallway, they were the same age and held a remarkable resemblance. "Daddy! Mommy! Where are yo-"

The world slowed, the fire raged. I ran through the hallway, grabbing the kids and taking them outside. I continued my search a few more times, pulling multiple people outside and running away from the scene.

I ran into an alley and held my hand to my communicator. "It's done. What else you got for me?" I asked with a smile.

"Dylan..." It was Kana. I am so screwed. Play it cool. "Hey, Kana... How's your day?~" My voice raised in fake obliviousness.

"Get back to the Cortex... Now!"

I took a step forward in defeat, but my head started ringing. The world spun for a moment and suddenly it was clear.

I ran back to the lab...

.....

I appeared in the cortex, a gust of wind throwing a few loose papers on the ground. My cowl was off and I walked towards the team.

Kana was frowning at me with a hint of worry. "What were you thinking?" She seethed. "Well, I'm the eyes and ears. He's the feet" Evan quipped. Kana's distinct glare made him shut up.

"I thought we talked about this. Using my powers to help others"

"We said to help us find Meta-Humans and other than that energy leech..."

"Atom Smasher" Evan interrupted. "Not now!..." Kana warned.

"Do you have any idea what could happen if you make one mistake. Just one..." I sighed at her words, she is right, but I don't care. "I just wanted to help. I have the power to help. I can't go into the hero course... My powers aren't normal and somebody would notice how I am identical to the blur that saved the class at the U.S.J"

That was what made me so frustrated...

Well, I thought that's what it was...

"Dylan... You have so much going on with your body right now. We need to run tests and see how you came into being"

My phone buzzed and I pulled out my phone. I let out a heavy sigh of disappointment. "I have to go..."

Kana huffed and walked away to her lab. Then I saw Evan approach me. "Hey, are you feeling okay? Your vitals spiked for a second when you were out there"

I nodded with pursed lips, "I've never felt better" My optimistic words reached him easily and he dropped it.

My body kicked it up to high speeds, racing towards where my good friend, Rien called me too. I stopped running in an alleyway, looking across the street to see Rien and her group of friends from the U.A, walking into the mall.