Chapter 43: Business Vacation

I stepped into the terminal alongside Evan, Kana and Nagato. It was early in the morning so we could be there in the afternoon.

Since the flight would be around 11 hours, alongside the fact that we were flying in the opposite direction of Earth's rotation. Time would be different.

A long yawn escaped from my mouth, getting the attention of Nagato. "You okay?" I nodded while rubbing my eye.

I pulled on the strap of my over the shoulder bag, adjusting it. "Where is your Uncle?" Kana wondered. Shrugging, I looked around. "Dunno... I ran here. He might be with the lovely Gwenzel" I wiggled my eyebrows in suggestion.

My eyes found Evan who looked to be dreading this day. His father is David Shield, a brilliant scientist who invents hero support gear.

Apparently, Nagato and he have this silent hatred for the other. But since the particle accelerator explosion, I'm probably gonna have to stop a murder.

Evan is in the middle of his Mentor, Nagato and his Father, Shield.

"You okay, Evan?" I leaned into view. My friend crossed his arms. "Yeah... Why wouldn't I be?" Oh my god... Such a pout. "Um... No, I got nothing to fix That?" I blankly said, leaning back to the wall.

Kana smirked, "Evan's just mad he has to miss out of watching the new Star Trek Movie" Her devious raise of the eyebrow cause Evan to spontaneously begin rambling. "We-Well, it's a movie about the classic verse! It completes the set of the previous films and the ending to the original was sad! Imagine it in 4K 1080p!"

Everyone sweatdropped, "I'm with a group of children" Nagato sighed in dread.

That's when I saw my Uncle in the distance with the mysterious Doctor. He was so different from normal. His smile and eyes were only on her the whole time. His casual flannel that remained unbuttoned, revealing his clear ocean blue shirt. He looked comfortable.

"Somebody's head over heels" I whispered with a high pitch. Using a sarcastic tone. "Hey, everyone... Thanks for waiting up" John started.

"Uh... This is Dr Gwenzel" He said. She quickly laughed at my Uncle's forward need and gentleman actions. "Please... Call me Amelina" She said with a giggle. It was still pretty weird that her name is so similar to my Mother's. 

Nagato held his hand out for a handshake. "Nice to meet you. I'm Chris Nagato, this is brilliant woman is Kana and the pouting one is Evan"

"I'm not pouting!" Evan exclaimed in a obvious pout. "And I have already met you, Xander" I grinned. "Please... Call me Dylan" I said politely.

After the introduction, our flight wa called. As we walked through the terminal, we all saw one of the flight attendanets. "Are you Evan Shield?"

Evan answered with a Yes, instantly getting a gesture for all of us to follow the nice woman.

We eventually boarded the plane, my suit was sealed in a hidden compartment designed by Evan himself.

As we were taken to first class, I was in awe at the seats and environment. "First time in First Class?"

"First time on anything other than the standard seating" I said while taken aback.

Nagato chuckled as he took his seat.

The plane eventually took off, throughout the plane ride, I saw my Uncle making nice conversation with Amelina.

She seemed nice... He deserved happiness.

Nagato challenged me to a game of Chess. Which I lost by three moves. Even with my speed...

Out of the 15 games we played, I won 4 of them, although I supoose I was thinking about my stomach for most of them. Turns out, having a super metabolism isn't a great thing when flight attendents couldn't come up with food fast enough. I'd probably eat the whole kitchen stock if I was allowed. Evan was asleep within the first 20 minutes of the flight while Kana read the brochure for the Island.