Chapter 16: 100 Steps Behind

I walked inside the house, the hallway was dark and but there was a faint illuminating light coming from the living room. My feet lightly traversed along the floorboards.

My eyes gazing around the hallway, I saw a red pair of high top sneakers resting at the front door. I walked to the living room, hiding myself to listen in.

I heard something moved on the couch and a low but high pitch squeak. My brows narrowed in confusion. Then I peered around the corner which I froze.

My eyes wide and the TV dimly illuminating the room. Seeing a pinned blob of green curls that laid under a feminine figure with copper curls.

Izuku was pinned my Rien, who was kind of making out in front of me. I cleared my throat and the two jumped apart. There was a high pitched squeal that emanated from Izuku, who also fell on the floor.

Rien's head snapped to me, her eye wide with embarrassment and cheeks flushed red. Izuku peered up nervously, with his face beet red. "I'm not even gonna ask. Too tired. Just keep it down" I said before walking away.

"G-Goodnight!" My best friend called out but I closed the door. Using my speed, I quickly got dressed and cleaned myself up. Then hopped in my bed, passing out quickly.

It was around 10:24 pm when I fell asleep.

.....

(John's POV: 11:34 pm)

The sirens blared as the street was filled with red and blue flashes. A line up of squad cars and SWAT were stationed on the cordoned-off street by the marina. Guns all trained on two individuals in particular.

I looked to my right to see my partner on the phone with his old friend, All Might. Good, these guys seem normal, no Meta-Humans.

Dylan doesn't need to get involved...

I looked at the Captain who pulled out a megaphone, "This is the police. Stand down and come quietly! This is your final warning!"

The woman who stood in all black with black lipstick and dark hair. She smiled with glee and took in a deep breath. The next thing I knew, all the ground started shaking and shattered. "Get down!" I pulled my partner out of the way as the car was blown over our heads.

"I think we are in control!" The man yelled as he suddenly disappeared from view. I felt a hand grasp my shoulder and the next thing I knew I was on the edge of the marina, with the criminals next to me. The water was wildly splashed as the helicopter in the sky was disrupting the current.

"Listen up!" The man said, his golden hazel eyes confidently glaring in the direction of my squad and partner. "We are fixing to fight only one man! The Fastest Man Alive! If he isn't here with the hour, consider this officer a treasured memory!"

I saw the female laugh as I glared at her. "You won't win" I growled in English. She huffed and knelled to my level, "That isn't why we're here~. But I doubt The Blur can stopped the two of us. There is someone out there who is much... Faster"

Her English was flawless. Her features are easily American or some form of western nationality.

I hissed in pain as a heel was dug into my hand. "Tick Tock!" The man yelled.

(Dylan's POV)

My slumber was abruptly ended as my phone started to ring. I had two calls at the same time. The Chief and Evan. I answered the phone, "Chief? Is everything Okay?"

"Xander... Your Uncle is in a hostage situation" he seemed shaken. "What!?" I exclaimed, jumping from my bed. "Calm down. All Might, Present Mic and Erasurehead are on the scene. They will deal with this"