Chapter 41: Time Always Passes

The next two weeks moved by fast, even by my standards. With Katsuki and Rien moving into the U.A dorms. Uncle John and I had a peaceful house, along with myself having a lot of spare time.

With everyday spent at the Precinct, the out on patrol. But a lot of time had been spent in the bunker and on the Treadmill that Evan made.

Nagato had also been fiddling with his abilities but hadn't had much luck.

In the recent weeks, Ryan had started practicing with his Meta-Human abilities. So far, he's been able to obliterate titanium, fire a short burst beam of radiated energy and has even showcased a minor healing factor.

Kana's research in comparison to my powers. Ryan's healing capabilities are in fact 47% slower than mine but is unable to gather the necessary bacteria to gain infections.

But when exposed to energy sources, his Healing Process is increased by about 154% on average but he has a limit.

Normally he is a battery that can generate regulated amounts of energy but stressed he generate enough energy that matches multiple nuclear power plants.

As for the nightlife of the city, since the fall of All Might. I've been working overdrive to solve crimes and stop anyone who'd cause trouble.

Running from one side of Japan to another on some nights. All while calling Katsuki every night. Of course I've called Rien but I usually catch Nagato in a call with her and jump in from time to time.

Though Japan has been struggling, I've kind of been thriving. I'm in a relationship, Ryan isn't a human bomb anymore, My friends are safer, Surge hasn't shown his face since All For One.

My huge showing in that battle still has the News Reporting on my night time activities in dramatic effect. Although some have been calling me a threat and a bit of a menace. I have a great deal of people who support me.

.....

Flashing into the cortex, I caused Evan to flinch at my arrival, "Jesus!... Why do you feel the need to do that?"

His sudden outburst caused me to laugh as he shook his head with a pouty scowl. "Evan? Why the long face?" I leaned on the desk he was working at.

His eyes focused on the screen, "I don't know... A few months back, I visited my sister and father at I-Island..." I nodded as I followed the story.

"After the whole villain attack that was actually meant to be fake but my father was the culprit. He invited me over for another visit"

I nodded at my realisation, "And you don't want to go because everytime you see your family. Though they're nice, they always make comments about you working at Haven Labs after the Particle Accelerator"

Evan exhaled with a overly forced smile, "Isn't that just lovely? My own father makes comments about how I could've helped All Might if I just listened to him" Oh the sarcasm...

My eyes closed as I sigh, "That's not fair. You had no idea how bad his condition was. Besides, All Might never really clicked with you unlike your sister"

"True... But they insist on being annoying about it!" He yelled into the air, head pointed to the ceiling. "If you want, we could put panic buttons in our phones. As you can press it, I'll get a notification and save you from the Island"

My words of truthful sarcasm caused a chuckle to escape from Evan's mouth. "Not like the Defense system can stop Speedsters from getting in"

I stepped back from the desk but as I did. I froze as I got an idea. Something that was a long shot but if correct could likely help. "Evan... Yo-You're a genius" Before he could respond, I flashed out of the Cortex.