Chapter 95: Positive & Negative

Dylan Xander's POV

The moment was filled with sheer agony, like every molecule in my body was currently fighting to stay together. I could feel the heat, which would usually be a good thing during the time of winter. 

Not this searing sensation that felt like I was bathing with a star...

My attempts to move were met by resistance, the pain wrecked me. My eyes struggled to even open for a moment. With each blink, I could catch the basic surroundings. The roof... I was lucky the explosion didn't throw me off. I could see snow, although none of it littered the surface of the roof. Steam took it's place, as if it had completely evaporated. 

I felt my hand find purchase with the concrete that had been scarred by repeated lightning strikes. My gut and mind wanted me to move but the rest of my body pleaded for a rest. I couldn't give in...

Clamping my tooth along the inside of my mouth, I forced my eyes to open fully, taking in the view. There was a charred clump across the roof from where I laid. Thick fumes of smoke blew in through the air. 

The dirty white of Kaminari's suit was now a dark grey, with dried blood that had drizzled from his face to his chest. 

His body twitched, it was only his foot yet it drove me to try and stand up faster. "Come on..." I heaved, coughing due to how hard it was to breathe. First, I was able to pulled myself to my knee, arms still fighting to hold me upright.

Kaminari laid mostly still, only twitching and spasming on the ground. One foot before the other, that's what I told myself. Pushing up with my carves and thighs, my back straightened. The sudden movement required me to regain my balance by stepping back. 

My darkened sea green eyes stared into the sky, in and out, I slowly breathed to regain my composure. "Surge..." I panted, still looking at the sky. "You're don--" My expression made a drastic shift upon looking down towards where he laid moments before. 

The exhausting was instantly replaced with shock, my eyes peered around as he wasn't where he landed after the explosion. Darting my head around, all I could see was smoke, steam and snow. 

I attempted to take a step forward, only for my ears to perk up as a sudden, Vwoosh! 

Along with a flash of red from behind, "Aw~ Leaving so soon?~" The coy and playful pitch in his voice sent chills down my spine, as his hot breath against the back of my neck caused my hair to stand on it's end. 

Calling upon as much strength that I could conjure from the giant well of nothing, I swung around with my Speed. My elbow aiming for where I believed his jaw was located. My efforts were wasted as his grip secured itself around my elbow. The sight before me wasn't the Kaminari I had just confronted. 

This one seemed healthier, not weighed down my his time using artificial speed. Another change was the thick streams of crimson lightning erupting from his body, wrapping around us like a electrical blanket. "That was quite--" Denki used his speed to drag my arm in an awkward direction. The force was unmatched as he twisted me around to bend over with my arm stretched out. "--Rude!" He yelled, as he did, I experienced the bones in my forearm dislodge from the Humerus, where my bicep wrapped around. 

My eyes went bloodshot... 

Surge released my arm and it went limp, my eyes could see the damage as he had broken my arm. Through the pain, I tried to escape, only for him to circle my position in a flash of red lightning. I felt...slow...

Slower than ever in comparison to him...

His hand gripped my face, lifting my body into the air. Before the idea of resisting came to me, he drove my body into the pavement, knocking the wind out of me. "Please... Take a seat" He was toying with me, enjoying his experience. I had no idea what was happening, it terrified me...