Chapter 67: Ready To Burst

Dylan Xander's POV

Arriving back in the crime lab, I sighed as I plopped down on the desk swivel chair. The lighy creak broke the silence that had encompassed the space.

Tapping the space bar of the keyboard, I quickly got comfortable as the computer booted up.

It's a shame that I couldn't install some Haven Lab Computers, they're so much faster than the ones at the precinct.

Which is horrible when you're a speedster.

Taking a look at the facial recognition, I got a match in the database.

International Wanted List...

"Looks like you found a professional, Surge" Mumbling to myself, I wrote down the details on a notepad.

Kathryn Salvador, originally from England. Her track record goes as far back as nine years ago.

Convicted for Robbery, Murder, Assault, Theft, the basic quadrupole threat and those are just the small ones.

She's wanted in nine states in America, two in Australia, Japan, Four in Europe, she's been everywhere.

Looking over the information, I began to stand up. As I began walking out, I was met with the tired and unimpressed gaze of Aizawa.

"Holy Shi-! Damn you're quiet" I started loud and became quieter, what was he doing here? Doesn't he have a class to teach?

"Where are you going?" Aizawa poked, his nosey behaviour getting in my nerves. "Got a lead, gonna go give it to my Uncle" Thinking quick, I answered.

He hummed, looking to the side. "Any of those leads have to do with Pursuit?"

I deflated, tilted my head, almost ready to snap. "Everyone saw him at the scene"

"Saving them" I debated, why can't he see what everyone else sees?

"You seem pretty defensive about a person you've never met" Aizawa pointed out in which I narrowed my eyes to his. "Maybe I have faith in the person who saved people I care about. That's something you might need a little of"

Brushing past Aizawa, I flared my nostrils in frustration, just one thing after another.

Stomping downstairs, I ignored everyone who bothered looking my way. I was pushed and I needed an outlet.

My eyes caught the gaze of my Uncle, he was talking with his partner but the moment he saw my eyes.

I don't know what he thought, it was this fear that I've never seen. Excusing himself from the discussion, he made his way through the crowd.

"Dylan!" He called out as I pressed the elevator button, I was forced to wait as he close the distance. "Dyl, you okay?" His hand brushed on my shoulder, quickly retracting from a spark of electricity that had arched off me.

"Dylan, you need to calm down" He soothed but it wasn't helping. Nothing was, nothing has.

Rolling my shoulder, I stepped into the elevator, looking at the note on last time. "I'm going after the Meta, be back later" My concise and truncated statement left no room for argument, he couldn't stop me.

"We don't know how to stop them yet" John urged, stepping into te elevator with me. As he did, I mumbled profanities to the sky.

"I don't care!" I suddenly snapped, my head turned to his, we caught a few stares but nothing big. "What's got you so worked up?"

I shook my head, ignoring the question. Avoiding the very concept of letting what I felt out.

John finally let out a sigh, scratching his beard as he glanced at his watch. "Alright, be careful" The door open and I was already walking before he could get another word in.

.....

Crossing multiple parts of the city in a matter of seconds, I searched for the Meta responsible for the bank.

I had looked through four of her known safehouses, or at least the ones I triangulated from the Haven Labs satellite.

From building to building, I picked up the pace. Each place I searched was either abandoned or recently used, although nobody was inside.

Arriving at the final building, I zipped inside without any trouble. The interior was dark, the wall paint had begun peeling off.

I halted with a gust if wind and flash of light, my feet creaked along the cracked floorboards.

Taking a breath, I caught the scent of rot, wood rot. The type you'd smell in an old building.

Performing a quick search of the lower floors, all my moving upwards about three floors. Every room remained empty or occupied by a homeless squatter.

The Pro-heroes of today do nothing about the needy... Some help they are...

It went until I came upon close, wooden door. It was clean and seemed to be thick.

Looking at my hand, it began to vibrate and I passed through like a ghost.

The room remained dark, outlines of files, junk and in the corner of the room two bags of money, most likely from the bank.

Letting out a sigh, I turned around. Upon doing so, I was pushed against a wall. My eyes caught the glowing red eyes of the Meta-Human.

Kathryn pressed her forearm against my throat, pinning me to the wall. "Such gorgeous eyes, but they need a little...red" A sinister grin grew on her lips as she released her grip.

My mind grew clouded, like somebody threw a blanket over my thoughts. Stumbling to the wall, I shook my head to straighten my gaze.

"Be seeing you soon, Darling" Her voice became jumbled and soon faded as he moment I regained my senses, she was nowhere to be found.

Pushing myself to my feet, my eyes flashed golden yellow as lightning burst free from my body.

I ran all the way back to Haven Labs...

.....

I recoiled from the bright light Kana was shining in my face. "Okay! Can ya, chill!?" My hand gently moved her hand out of the way.

"Dylan, what if whatever our Meta did at the bank is affecting You?" Kana pointed out, frantically trying to check my eyes.

Sighing, I let her blind me a few more times. "I don't feel any Homicidal Urges at the monent" I poked playfully, shooting forth a cheeky grin.

"Maybe your accelerated Neuron Activity allows you to fight the Meta's infection off?" Evan proposed, liking away from his monitor.

What does he even do all day on the monitor?...

"Well, from what we can tell..." Nagato pressed a key on his keyboard, revealing a few images on the monitors in te cortex.

"Kathryn Salvador Seems to infect the brain, therefore taking away all inhibitions, leading to loss of reason, conscious decision making and eventual lack of self control" He explained, pointing to the infected and clouded areas of the brain.

Ryan uploaded an image of my brain to the monitor, "So far, your brain seems normal for your standards. Working theory is, your brain is fast enough to hold back the infection before it takes hold because everyone in the bank suffered from the effect within a second or two..."

A long whistle escaped me as I leaned back on the desk. "That's pretty fast but I guess not as fast as me" I quirked an eyebrow.

Everyone glanced at me for a moment before shaking their heads. "Are you sure you're Okay?"

"Yes! I'm fine! Better than fine! I-I feel...awesome!" I exclaimed with excitement, everything felt really smooth.

Everyone needs to back off, I can take care of myself...

Kana stared at me once more, her gaze filled with uncertainty. "I'm still gonna call John to come and pick you up"

As she reached for the phone, I spring forward without any hesitation. "Don't bother! I'm already there" Before anyone could question or interrupt, I was gone before their very eyes.

Moving across the city at Mach 10...