Chapter 50: Lost in VidCon

*Dan POV*

"You didn't forget anything?" I asked Phil who was carelessly skipping down the hallway with his suitcase.

"Nope! I remembered everything this time!"

"You won't have to borrow anything from the hotel again?"

"Nope!"

"Alright, let's go."

Heathrow was at that weird part of London that wasn't London but was considered London.

It was kind of cringe-y to go to. I had been there three times in the year: going and coming back for Playlist, and then, when Rachel left. I tried not to think about it. It was long ago, but sometimes I really thought about her. I didn't want to. Her life was changed by now and so were her feelings probably. And I was still an Internet hobo.

Phil fulfilled the job of talking to the driver while I was left alone to play a game on my phone. Thank you Phil.

...

"I know you're worried about going to California. But, have fun out there. She'd want you to have fun. And your fans will love to see you," Phil said quietly to me as we were sat down on the airplane, watching people shuffle to their seats.

"You're right," I said. "I'm sorry, I'm being stupid."

"You're not stupid. But, Anaheim, here we come!"

I laughed. I really appreciated Phil.

...

I never really knew how I managed to be in California and do so much when I was jet lagged to the point of feeling dead inside but you know, I was always so excited anyway. I always liked California. There was actually sun. I didn't understand why people like Rachel didn't like it. Okay. Stop thinking about her. Enjoy yourself.

"They're over there!" Phil exclaimed as he pointed at the baggage claim, the suitcases moving along on the conveyer belt. I sleepily followed after him as he skipped up to our suitcases. We hauled them off of the belt and stood there a bit, thinking of what to do next. Right. Cat was going to pick us up.

"Let'sago," Phil imitated Mario.

I smiled a bit.

...

*Rachel POV*

"So you're still going through with this whole mystery ticket thing?" Abby crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Well, yeah. I've checked. It IS authentic, and if I do go I'll be able to see Dan. And I'll be back in the whole internet world that I love so much."

"Enjoy yourself," she smiled, "I don't really get it but I'm glad you're happy about it. And how long will you be gone?"

"A few hours or a few days. I have no idea."

"Alrighty," she said. "And you're taking a taxi there?"

"Yup."

"Alright, have fun," she smiled.

I opened the door and walked out, waving goodbye.

...

I nervously tapped my feet on the ground and intertwined my fingers together in the back of the taxi cab. Was I really making the right decision to see Dan? It would probably be my last chance, but he honestly probably didn't care anymore. And it would probably just be an emotional roller coaster for no reason. And I was not looking forward to fans freaking out over me. It was different over the Internet, but in person, it would be difficult to handle while I was so already worried about Dan.