Chapter 36: Twisting

*Rachel POV*

"Alright, mom, here's the plan."

"Go on."

"I don't know London very well, but my friend Phil does. He's going to show you some of it. He gave me a tour earlier this year. He's very nice, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it."

"Well, maybe. What is he showing me? I've been here a few times, you know."

"The main attractions, I think." I swallowed, and started unintentionally speaking quickly out of nervousness, "I'mgoingoutwithDantodaybutit'snotalldaysoI'llbebackandwe'llallhavedinnertogether."

"You're ditching me to hang out with your gay boyfriend?"

"He's not gay, and I'm not ditching you. You'll enjoy Phil and the tour, I promise. I just think he'd do a better job than me."

"Hmm, well alright. When am I leaving for this 'tour'?"

"Ten."

"I'll shower first, then."

"Okay."

...

I knocked on Dan and Phil's door.

Phil opened up, looking at me surprised, but still smiling as always. "I thought you were going to be your mum."

"Can I use your shower? My mom has been in mine for like, 45 minutes and I don't think she'll be out anytime soon."

"Yeah sure," Phil let me in.

I started walking across the flat when Dan came around the corner, holding his phone in his hand tilting it back and forth probably playing some game. He looked up, probably seeing me from the corner of his eye.

"No no no, don't look at me," I begged, laughing a bit, "I look disgusting."

He looked anyway, scanning my makeup-less face and my baggy pajama pants. "You're anything but disgusting."

"What a compliment," I said sarcastically. "I'm going to use your guys' shower. My mom's in mine, won't be out for a while. She'll think I'm a slut or something for showering here, but she won't even get out soon. Enter the bathroom and I will throw something at you."

He laughed, "I won't. Have fun with your steamy shower."

I laughed, punching him on the shoulder gently in a joking way, "Oh shut up."

He grinned at me as I disappeared down the hall.

I made sure to get my towel close nearby the shower, imagining how awkward it would be to have to yell out to Dan and Phil standing naked in their bathroom until they retrieved me one, or if I had to awkwardly wander the house like a ninja to avoid getting seen and finding a towel myself. Sad to say, it happened before at a friend's house. Not here, though, and I didn't want that to start here either.

I also brought the clothes I was gonna wear today, so just in case my mom did see me coming from Dan and Phil's flat, I would not be wearing just a towel.

I suspected normal people didn't worry about these things as much as I did.

I turned the shower on and turned it toward heat so that I didn't have to jump into a waterfall of blizzards.

I pulled my clothes off so that they created a puddle of cloth on the floor. I looked at myself in the mirror. Okay, it didn't matter how I looked at this. Being in Dan and Phil's bathroom was weird.

I made sure to lock the door, my final step. I then tiptoed into the shower, engulfing myself with warm, pleasant waves of water.

I didn't let myself shower long, however. I stepped out as soon as I was clean, turned off the shower, and briskly dried off body and fluffed my hair around in the towel.