Chapter 8: Suspicions

*Dan POV*

I unlocked the door to the flat and walked inside. I could see Phil sitting on the sofa fully dressed as if he was going to go somewhere. I mean, wearing jeans and stuff and not silly pajama bottoms. I heard sounds from the TV.

"Dan?" He called without looking up. He paused the TV.

"Who else would it be?"

He looked up at me and smiled, "True. Did you really go out?"

"Yeah," I answered while walking across to the sofa and then collapsing on it as if I was a dead body.

"Where'd you go?"

"Is it really surprising that I went out?"

"Kind of. You don't really go anywhere," Phil said kindly with an innocent grin.

It was true. I didn't really ever leave my laptop scrolling position unless Phil was meeting some of our friends and dragged me along. Or I'd maybe leave the flat to go to Radio 1, but that was about it.

"Rachel somehow got lost in London today," I stated simply.

"Oh no! She's okay?"

"Yeah. I guided her back home after she went shopping. That's how she got lost, walking out from the shopping centre."

"Sounds like something that would happen to me," Phil laughed.

"Yeah," I laughed along with him, "you are horrible with directions."

"I am," Phil said, "but at least I know what time thing's are."

"What? What do you mean? I'm only ever late for things because I sleep in."

Phil got up and headed to the door. "Radio 1, Dan. Did you forget? We're running late."

"Shit," I said.

"Dan! Don't cuss," Phil whined as we exited the flat, locking the door behind us.

*Phil POV*

We took a taxi to get to Radio 1 as soon as we could. We always had to be early so we could go over what we were to do on the show. Even though we had done it a million times, Dan and I always were nervous before the show. Coming early also calmed our nerves. But I didn't know how early we were going to be tonight.

I looked over at Dan, who was texting and smiling down at his phone.

"Who are you texting, Dan?" I said, being nosy.

He paused for a minute and then said, "Rachel. She thanks me for 'rescuing her' earlier." He laughed a laugh that somehow seemed strangely nervous.

"It was nice of you to do that," I commented and then asked, "She has an English phone number now?"

"Yes," Dan said, "Do you want it?"

"Yeah," I blushed a little, turning my head away. I wasn't sure why I was blushing, but it was embarrassing.

Dan gave me her number. I texted her right away.

Hey! This is Phil -Phil

My phone buzzed almost immediately.

Oh hey, Phil! :) -Rachel

We then arrived at Radio 1.

Dan and I were practically pulled into the building. We were rushed to a the studio immediately. I checked my phone. It was only five minutes until we were supposed to go live. We were told what we were going to do - play a few games, one in which was an "Ask Dan and Phil" portion.

We sat down, put our headphones on and the cameras and lights shot on.

"Hello everybody," I started, "and welcome to Dan and Phil."

"... the best Radio show you will ever watch. Live every Monday evening here on BBC Radio 1," Dan completed my sentence.

Music started playing, and we had a small break.

The show went smoothly from then. Dan and I made jokes, played ridiculous games. It was the most fun.

"Welcome to questions with Dan and Phil," I began.

"Yes, that's right. You can ask us questions," Dan said. "And how is that, Phil?"

"You can tweet us questions to BBC radio! We will answer them live on screen!"

We answered all sorts of funny questions about what we had been up to lately. But then we were asked a weird question live that we would not normally been asked live on the radio.

"Dan, do you have a girlfriend?" The man on the radio asked.

"What?" He looked shocked.

I was shocked too. Why would the Radio man ask Dan such a personal question? I tried not to look too shocked. People were watching me online, I needed to remember.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" The man repeated.

"What are you doing? Asking me out?" Dan joked and looked down laughing. But after laughing, his gaze was suspended on the ground. His face was bright red. I studied his face, and then looked forward. Dan then said, "No, I do not have a girlfriend."

The radio man asked me a question next. From then on, everything went smoothly.

The two hours ended, and we were congratulated on another successful Radio show. Soon, we were out of Radio 1 and were heading home.

Dan seemed quiet on the walk home. Was something wrong? My phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and read:

Good job on your radio show, guys! You did so splendidly! -Rachel

Then another text appeared as my phone buzzed in my hand.

Thanks! -Dan

I noticed that it was a group text conversation. I looked to see Dan put his phone away in his pocket. I sent:

Thank you! :) -Phil

Dan checked his phone at the buzz of my message and then returned his phone in his pocket again.

He was completely silent. I decided to break the silence.

"What do you think of her?" I asked him.

"She's really nice," Dan said, immediately knowing who I was talking about.

I nodded, "She really is."

"She also might need a hand from us. She seems young and inexperienced. I don't want her to get lost or in trouble or something."

"Yeah," I simply responded.

I saw Dan look down at his phone again, his face red. It looked the same way as it did on the Radio show. I tried to connect the dots. He was asked if he had a girlfriend. He was texting Rachel. Did Dan fancy Rachel?