Chapter 32: Dress Up

*Rachel POV*

I woke up, my eyes managing to open and me immediately feeling the want to go back to sleep. I rolled over, and shut my eyes. I tried to think of my day, where I was.
My bedroom. Late November. I uploaded my fifth video last night.

That made me jump out of bed. I felt around my bed for my Mac Book, where I remembered shutting my laptop and falling asleep late at night. I found it almost off the edge, and I caught it before it fell. I slid the cold metal computer onto my lap as I propped myself up in bed. The computer loaded, and I went to Google Chrome (the best browser, sorry not sorry) and opened up YouTube. I went to my account.
I had ten thousand subscribers. Ten freaking thousand subscribers. I slapped my hand on my nightstand and felt around for my phone, eventually getting it into my hand. I immediately texted Dan:

Dan, I got 10,000 subs. I'M SO EXCITED!

Soon I saw a read receipt. I looked at the phone for a while and saw that no message was being typed. Whatever, I thought.

I tiptoed on the cold wooden floor in my bedroom out into my kitchen where I continued standing on my toes because the tile was also cold. There was something about standing on the cold floor in the morning that I liked.

I reached up for a box of cereal in the cabinet above me that I could just barely reach. I got two fingers around it and started to pull it forward. That's when I heard a knock on the door. I tiptoed across the room to where there was carpet which was not as cold, and then to the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw Dan. I don't know who else I expected. I opened the door.

"Hello," I said softly, my voice still weak from sleep. I rubbed my eyes and blinked, realizing my eyes couldn't focus on him clearly.

He chuckled a little bit, and I smiled slightly in response. "Good morning," he chirped.

"How are you even awake?"

"Before 10? Yeah, shocking I know," he then looked down and smiled. I followed his gaze to what he was looking at - the item in his hands. It took me a few seconds to understand the situation. In the morning I was like YouTube on 2G. He was holding a plate with a stack of pancakes. "For you, and your ten thousand subscribers."

"Dan! You shouldn't have."

"I was already making pancakes anyway," he walked past me and set the pancakes on the table. I shut the door behind him and traveled to the couch where I sat next to him.

"So what's all this for?"

"Does it have to be for anything?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay, okay. It was for your 10,000 subscribers, but it didn't have to be for anything."

I side hugged him awkwardly. I picked up the fork he brought me and twirled it in my hand until I could properly hold it. I then started pouring the syrup he already prepared for me and began eating.

The pancakes tasted wonderful. In all honesty, I missed American pancakes, but British ones were still really good. I chewed bite my bite, until I felt uncomfortable with the sounds of my chewing in the quiet room. I saw Dan staring at me from the corner of my eye. It was lovely, but awkward. I turned on the TV to reduce the silence.

Some random channel played and soothed my worry of the echoing of my chewing noises. Dan laughed.

I must've turned a deep red, "What?"

"A cooking channel? You don't watch this. Is being around me so weird?"

If redder I could be, I became it. I turned it off quickly. "No, that's not it, really." I explained, "I just don't like it when people watch me eat."