Chapter 8

" I know that it hurts your pride but you thought the grass was greener on the other side."

Chas POV.

My life has been really great. After I left Trey I moved my son Chad & I across the country. He's 4 years old now and I love this little boy too pieces.

As time went on for the both of us, I started to feel bad about taking him away from his dad. It's wrong and childish of me & I don't want Chad to hate me for taking him away from his dad.

In all honesty I miss my old life, I plan to go back home today and stay with my parents for a week until I find a house.

I'm doing pretty good financially, I branched off my clothing store in different cities & I'm proud of myself.

I want Chad & Trey to meet, but I know everybody down there pretty much hates me, especially how I just picked up and left.

The only people who knew where I was, were my parents and I begged them not to say anything. I'll face Trey and everybody else when I'm ready.

Every time I look at Chad, I want to cry. He reminds me of Trey so much it hurts. I'll be lying if I said I don't still love Trey. When I left I cried almost a whole year.

I really love Trey, but I just needed to get myself together. I'm finally in a safe place with myself. Over the years I found it in my heart to accept Shyla as a baby.

Trey was right, material things aren't priorities. I now understand what he's saying & why he changed so much. I've changed because of Chad & I'm happy he came into my life.

" Mommy are you ready." Chad asked.

" Yeah, let's go baby." I told him as I smiled. He tried to lift the both of our bags to carry to the car. I chuckled at him and took the bags from him.

" Bye Chad." My friend Nathan said.

" Bye Nate." Chas said waving. I walked up to Nate and kissed him on the lips.

" Bye Nathan." I said.

" Bye Chas, call me please." He sighed. Nathan was a guy I was dating, but after I told him I'm moving back to Atlanta we broke up.

He's a sweetheart and a gentlement. Chad looks up to him and respects him. I'm thankful for Nathan cause I don't think I could have raised Chad by myself.

After we said our goodbyes we left the house and headed to the airport.

~~~

When we got to Atlanta, my parents met us at the airport. As soon as Chad seen them he raced to his grandparents.

" Grandma." He said as he hugged her. I smiled at them and walked towards my dad.

" Hi daddy." I said.

" Hey baby girl, how have you been." He asked.

" I've been good, glad to be back home." I said.

" We're glad you're home too Chas." My mom said. I smiled at her and took Chad. He got in the back seat and I got in after him, strapping the both of us up.

The entire ride to the house, my mom and dad talked to Chad. Meanwhile I kept looking out of the window as we rode pass stores and houses. I haven't been gone that long, but everything looks different to me.

I'm happy to be at home, I missed Atlanta so much. I want Chad to grow up where I grew up even though he's not from here.

My dad stopped to the store to grab some snacks for us. Chad cried to use the bathroom so I took him inside. As we were walking to the bathroom Scooter & Aniya came our direction.