Chapter 42

" Should of let go of my past for you, you did everything I asked of you."

Trey

" Shyla, stop it." I yelled at her. It was night time again & I've finally came to a decision about letting Chad go to Canada with Chas.

After taking everything into consideration, I'll let him go with his mother. If he refuses to go then I cannot force the kid to go if he doesn't want to. I'm going to tell Chas that he can go but if he tells her no, I'm out of it. I know I should keep him here but I know Chas misses him and wants to see him everyday. My mind drifted to thoughts about when she left me and it's still pretty much clear.

* flash back*

" So you leaving." I asked as I looked her in her eye.

" Yeah, I'm leaving." She said mumbling while playing with her fingers.

" It's cool." I said. I'm not even going to lie, I felt tears coming to my eyes but I held the tears back.

" Trey I'm sorry. I love you I just can't accept the fact you have a child." She said.

" I understand it's hard for you Chas, like I'm not even upset that your angry about it. It's just that, I rather you be upset and show that attitude you show Shyla towards me, she's a baby." I said.

" I don't know Trey, it's like I'm changing. I feel like I don't have you no more. We never do any of the things we use to do before. Your always with her, spending time with her. Only time you really check for me, is if it's concerning our baby." She said.

" Okay let's get back to reality. Suppose I didn't had Shyla and we had the baby. Do you think that we would still be able to do the things we do. Chas when you have kids your life doesn't stay the same, your life changes just because of that one human being. You want us to go shopping, have dinner at those expensive ass restaurants. I just can't be spending money stupidly now because I have a child, material things aren't a priority and coming from all people you should know Chas. No shade but, if we lived our life how we use to when there's a child involve, aren't we doing the same shit your mom and dad does to you. They carried on with their lives not changing one bit & you know how it feels and like you always say, more to life than material things. Sometimes people need that affection. I'm not saying it is wrong for us to go out every now and then, but us blowing money how we use to can't happen no more. I have two kids, I want to send to college." I said truthfully.

" Trey, I just want to be happy & I'm not happy with you any more. I will always love you & you know that. We just have to move on with our lives and co parent our son. I appreciate every thing you've done for me, everything. I'm thankful for someone like you who came into my life. I'll never forget what we had Trey, it's just time for us to move on & I'm pretty sure you've moved on with Shyla's mom." Chas said. Her last sentence caused me to bit down on my bottom lip, but it wasn't the truth.

" To be honest we had sex & I think it's only fair I let you know. You just make it seems like it's easy to move on." I said.

" Clearly it is for you. I'll be good thank you for everything. Here's the key to car." She said standing up.

" Nah, keep it. It was a gift, it's yours." I told her. She nodded her head at my response and tried to lift her bags.

" I got it." I told her. I lifted her bags into the car and helped her down the steps. She got in & looked up at me.

" I love you Trey, I'll see you sometime ." She said. I looked up at her on the verge of tears but was thrown off when she said sometime.

" I love you too." I said closing the door