Chapter 21

" They say in time that all my wonds will heal, but they don't know all the pain I feel."

Picture of Addison & Amorah at the Top.

Amorah POV.

I sat there trying to take in everything my father was pretty much saying to me, It's hard to believe the words thats are coming out of his mouth right now. I don't know how I'm going to continue my life if my dad passes away.

Addison looked over at me and I looked over at her, the both of us were crying because of his words. I can't believe he waited until Addison & I met to tell us he's dying. Everybody was pretty much crying, including my mother.

" Dad, What do you mean you're dying." Addison sobbed.

" I'm sorry Addi, but I'm dying. I have cancer." He said. My whole heart stopped when he said those words. This can't be real, I can't lose my father.

" I don't want you all to cry. I've made up my mind a little while to get my life together and I did just that. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I just want the three important women in my life to continue to keep your head high. Be the best parents to my grandkids and love one another. I'm sorry but I can't fight it anymore." He said emtionally.

" Daddy you can't leave us. I need you stop talking like that daddy." I yelled to him. He looked up at me with his eyes filled with water as my mother walked over to me and hugged me tightly. I reached for Addison's hands and held it for comfort.

I don't know how to feel right now. I'm a daddy's girl & if I lose my father I promise I will go crazy. He just can't leave me right now, especially not in this kind of time when I need him the most.

He started coughing extremly hard as my mother walked back over to him and patted his back gently.

" I love all of you very much." He said talking through each cough.

" Daddy nothing is going to happen to you." I said still crying. He got up and came over to hug me then hugged Addison. I watched as he got up and left the three of us inside of the dinning room.

" Mommy why are you crying." Madison came down and asked Addison.

" I'll tell you later Madi." She sobbed. I got up and walked over to Addison as I dried my tears. She stood up and the both of us hugged each other tightly.

" Everything will be fine." I told her as I patted her back.

" God works in myserious ways." My mom said. At this point I just need Dre to comfort me right now, I need his body around mines to make me feel a little bit better.

" Come on Madi, lets go." Addison said as she finished cried.

" Goodbye Madison." I waved to her.

" Can you still carry me tomorrow." Addison asked.

" Sure, here's my number. Just text me whenever you're ready, I'll get you." I said as i gave her my number. Addison and Madison told all of us bye and left my mother, Adraya and I inside of the foyer.

I took out my phone & texted Dre to tell him I'm coming over. He replied back instantly and said okay. I removed my watery eyes from my phone & looked at my mom.

" Mom don't cry he's going to be fine. We just have to keep him in our prayers."I said.

" I know but it's so hard." She said. I know it's hard for her because he's her husband and I honestly can't imagine how she's feeling right now.

" Mom, I'll be here every step of the way. He needs us to stay strong." I said.

" I'm trying to." She said.