Chapter 22

" Never a right time to say goodbye."

Jasmine POV ( Princess mom ).

I woke up once again very early because Morris kept squeezing my body inside of his sleep. Since he had to tell Princess and his daughter the news it has made him feel worse.

He released the tight grip he had on my body and relaxed his muscles. I turned my body to face him as I caressed his face.

" Everything is going to be fine babe." I mumbled to him. He didn't reply but continued to sleep.

I don't think I ever prayed so much in my entire life last night. Morris did wrong back then but everybody deserves a second chance to clean up their mistakes.

I'm just praying for a miracle because I'm not ready to be a widow. Morris and I have been through too much for him to just up and leave me.

I need him and so does his daughters and his grand kids. I'm just praying for a positive outcome because if he dies I'm going to die.

He released a huge yawn as he rubbed his eyes. Morris opened up his eyes and looked straight at me smiling.

" Why you smiling." I asked.

" I love you that's why." He said looking into my eyes.

" I love you too." I cooed to him.

" Baby I don't want you to stress, I'm a fighter and I'll fight this." He said.

" It's hard not to worry about it Morris." I said.

" I feel fine today." He said as he stood up.

" What you mean." I said.

" All of those other days, I felt weak but like I don't feel how I use to today." He said.

" You have a doctors appointment today, do you still want to go." I asked him.

" Yeah babe, call the doctor and see if he stills have me in the book." He said. I did just as he asked and walked down the steps to the kitchen.

I looked on the fridge for the doctors number and began to call it. He picked up on the second ring.

" Hello doctor Russell." I said.

" This is he, how may I help you." He said.

" This is Jasmine, I'm calling to find out if my husband is still up for his appointment today." I said.

" I'm sorry jasmine, but I'm out of the country right now." He said. I released a huge sigh before I answer.

" It's okay, thanks." I told him. We said our goodbyes then hanged up. I looked on the fridge for my old doctor and called him.

" Hello, Dr Smith." I said.

" Hey Jasmine, haven't seen you in a while." He said.

" I know, I need a favor please." I said.

" Anything for you." He flirted.

" Well my husband's doctor is out of the country and he needs a check up he has cancer." I said.

" You already know, I don't like going off of what other doctors says he has. Bring him in a hour & I'll do a rerun test on him to make sure it is cancer." He said.

" Okay, thank you love." I said. He said goodbye and we hanged up the phone.

Dr. Smith is one if the smartest and richest doctor in Atlanta, simply because he puts his patient first. He doesn't like going off of what other doctors says, so if he have to test you five times for an answer he will.