Chapter 43

" Dying inside but outside ya' lookin fearless."

Deandre

" Draya." Princess screamed as we raced into the front yard. The both of us looked to our left then looked to our right as we continued to panicked.

" Princess." I screamed as I got more scared. Tears streamed down my eyes as I took off running towards the gate to look for my daughter. There still wasn't any sign of her.

" Adraya." Princess cried. I raced back from the gate and stepped on her Barbie dolls. My body squatted down as I picked up her dolly and panicked more. I stood back up and walked up some more into the grass as I seen 9mm bullets leading a trail.

Quickly I followed it and walked up to the back of my house. Her other Barbie dolls were still on the ground with a shoe mark on the plastic legs.

" Draya." I heard Princess still continued to scream from the front of the house. When I looked up her friend walked from behind the wall crying. I squatted down to her height and observed her arm. The bullet grazed her arm and left a small scratch.

" Amanda, where is my daughter." I asked as I stared at her.

" I don't know. I - I - I just know the man took her on his shoulders." She stuttered.

" Did you see where they went." I asked.

" They ran in the back by the pool." She cried.

" Okay do me a favor. Race to the front of the house and go to A'draya's mom." I told her.

" But what if the bad guys come back again." She asked.

" They won't." I said. She nodded her head and took off running towards the front of the house. I took out my gun and crept around my house until I got near the pool area.

I looked at the both of my surroundings and then stepped out in the open. Quickly I raced up to the pool and looked into the water and made sure she wasn't inside of there. I didn't see any sight of her near the pool, so I continued my journey all the way to the guest house.

The glass door was shattered like somebody punched the glass door open. I cocked my gun back and stepped into the house.

" Draya." I yelled.

" Mhmmmmm." I heard a voice screamed.

" Draya, Princess where are you." I asked her.

" Mhmmm." I heard a voice screamed and kicked from the closet it seem like.

I walked up to the closet door and yanked it open as my gun was still pointed. When I glanced down, Draya's mouth was duck taped and she was squeezed into the corner of the closet.

" Mhmmmm." She said as she cried. I took the tape off her mouth and pulled her into my embrace.

" I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry." I said as I squeezed her tightly.

" Daddyyyy." She cried. I held her as I cried onto her shirt. It just hurts that my little girl had to experience something like this. God knows if something happened to her because of my mistakes, I couldn't live life anymore.

" Baby I'm so sorry, I wasn't there to protect you." I told her.

" Daddy, she said she going to kill mommy." She cried as she rubbed her eyes.

" Who did baby." I asked her.

" A man and a women. The women said that she doesn't like me and mommy because mommy took you from her." She cried.

" Did you see her face Princess." I asked.

" Yeah but I don't know her daddy and the man had on a mask. She told me that you told her to kill me daddy." She said.