Epilogue

" No such thing as a life that's better than yours, think being broke was better."

Amorah

It hasn't stopped pouring rain as I headed from the hospital. The road was much more slippery than it usually gets when it rains. Slowly I pressed the gas pedal and stared through the windshield as the wipers move up and down clearing the window. It was dark and what made it worse is that my lights weren't bright enough for me to see where I'm going, clear enough.

I texted Austin and told him to get me from my parents house, because I didn't want to ride back the long way to his place by myself. A few minutes later I pulled inside of my parents gate safely and turned off the engine. I reached back at the back seat of my car and grabbed my umbrella.

After I slightly opened up my car door and then opened up the umbrella. When I opened up the umbrella, I stepped out of the car into a puddle of water, that splashed on my feet.

" Great." I mumbled to myself. My phone buzzed which caused me to jump a little. I looked across the screen and seen it was Addison.

I ignored her call and placed everything I needed into my purse and then grabbed A'draya Mcdonalds as I closed the door. Bright lights from a car came inside of the driveway which caused my eye to squint from the light rays. The person turned off their engine and came out of the car.

" You good." Austin asked as he raced from his car and got underneath my umbrella.

" Yeah I'm good." I told him. He smiled at me and followed me foot to foot underneath the umbrella as I made my way up my parents steps.

" Babe." I called out to Austin before I knocked on the door.

" Wassup." He asked

" Are you sure you want to come inside, because it's going to be your first time meeting them." I told him.

" I'm good Princess." He said. I nodded my head and knocked on the door. Instantly my mother opened up the house door and motioned us to come inside. I closed my umbrella and left it on the porch as I walked inside of the house.

" Hey mom." I said to her.

" Hi again Princess and who is this handsome guy." She asked. I cleared my throat because I wasn't sure if I wanted to introduce him as my boyfriend to my parents just as yet.

" Mom this is Austin, my boyfriend. Austin this is my mother Jasmine." I said introducing.

" Nice too meet you." My mom said as she pulled him in for a hug.

" Nice too meet you too." He said as he smiled.

" I'm sorry the both of you have to meet at this kind of time ma but I really need to talk to my daughter." I told her.

" Whats wrong." She asked.

" Chad got shot ma." I told her. She held her heart and opened up her eyes widely.

" Is he okay." She asked.

" Honestly, I really don't know." I said truthfully.

" I'm going to pray for him, nice too meet you handsome." She said as she walked off with her hands in a prayer position.

" Ummm, I'm going to talk to draya." I told Austin. He nodded his head and went to sit inside of the living room. I began to walk up my parents steps and headed to my old room, that my mom & dad turned into a bedroom for whenever Adraya & Addison came over.

" Princess." I whispered. She looked up from her coloring book and jumped off the bed as she raced to me.

" Mommy, I missed you already." She said as she hugged my legs extremely tight. I picked her up and held her against my waist as I made my way back over to the bed.