Chapter 4: Heated Showdown

3rd Person P.O.V

Adam is currently heading towards the Knights headquarters right now after yesterday battle his currently giving his report to Jean about their encounter agianst several Abyss Mages in the temple.

Right now Adam is along with Aether after the shorter blonde told him that about the lyre and how to dealt with Stromterror but they'll have to meet up with Venti in the tavern for more details.

As soon the trio entered the tavern Adam's eyes widened in surprise as he saw the same red-haired man that attack him in the temple as the man has the same reaction as the black haired mercenary.

Adam: You! Alright let's settled this!

???: Very let's finished, this!

As both Adam and red-haired man draw outs their perspective weapons and ready to attack one another until a new voice shouted making both swordsman stop from attacking as they both turned around and saw the acting grandmaster of knights with a bard behind her.

???: Jean

Adam: Grandmaster Jean, what are you doing here?

Jean: Adam, Master Diluc lay down your weapons there's no need for it.

She said as both male swordsman sheathed their blades.

Jean: Master Diluc, I like you to meet Adam Kurogane he's the one that helped us again with Stromterror and he's the mercenary for hire that I told you about.

Diluc: I see first I thought he was a Fatui do he looked like one.

Adam: For the last time, I told I'm not!

Jean: Anyway Adam, I assumed you already meet Master Diluc back at the temple..... right?

Adam: And he tried to cut me in half.

He grumble as suddenly the green-color bard to Adam as he raised an eyebrow at him as Adam looked towards Jean, Diluc, Aether and Paimon and asked how is the bad.

Adam: Hey guys, who is this shorty?

???: Hey Rude!

Adam: Yeesh, well sorry.

???: It's fine as long you opened a tab for me.... hehehe.

Adam: *deadpan* Huh?

???: *pouting* Oh come on! Anyway names Venti nice to me you!

He said as he held out his hand to the Mercenary-knight.

Adam: I'm Adam Kurogane, nice to meet you too, Venti.

He said he take the handshake when suddenly Adam's enhanced senses some how managed to detect something is off on Venti a scent that akined to a god.

Adam: Are you a god?

He asked as Venti visibly flinched on the mercenary's intuition for a moment as he sigh before looking straight to him

Venti: Yes, my True name is Barbatos the Anemo Archon, I'm surprised that you quickly noticed.

Adam: haha.... It's nothing anyway why are we here at the first place.

He asked as this gather all their attention as Venti gives a performance to explain the situation to them but Diluc explains that the Jean before them is just a normal Jean, and not the Acting Grand Master. Jean tells them that she is doing this in private because she has few options as the Acting Grand Master. Likewise, she believes their cause as she is aware of Dvalin's past.
While Adam asked the about the lyre as but both Aether and Venti sweatdrop on what happened to it as Adam noticed it and raised as he what happened to it.