Chapter 34: Flamboyant Showdown

3RD PERSON P.O.V

After successfully crafting the Wonder Core and the Adepti Sigils, the group goes to Baiwen to hand in the items, and they are regarded as the winner of the contest.

Paimon: Ningguang's little secretary! We've found all the materials!

Baiwen: Oh? Already?All three of you found them together? Okay, I see.

Baiwen: The Wonder Cores and Adepti Sigils look good. It seems that we've found our winners.

Baiwen calls for the participants to gather...

Baiwen: I hereby announce that the winners of this material procurement contest are Aether, Yun Jin, and Beidou!

Hongfei: What? It's over already? I haven't even found the Plaustrite yet!

Changgui: I can't believe it...

Zhicheng: *sigh* So close, but so far...

Baiwen: I'd like to invite our three winners to please proceed to the Jade Chamber, where Lady Ningguang is waiting for you.

Paimon: Huh? Where's Beidou? She was right here.

Adam: Yeah, where is she?

Baiwen: Captain Beidou has some business to attend to. She will join later. Please come with me for now.

Paimon: Alright then, guess we'll head on up to the Jade Chamber first.

Paimon: This has been a long time coming! The last time we went up to the Jade Chamber was aaaages ago!

Adam: Yeah, yeah... just keep your voice down...

Baiwen: Want to go up to the Jade Chamber? Come with me, then.

After being led up to the Jade Chamber, Ningguang thanks them for the hard work.

She offers to Yun Jin to host an opera in the Jade Chamber after the rebuilding, as it would provide a good view, both in the air and from below.

Ningguang then answers the Traveler's question, although she says with disappointment that she hasn't found any leads regarding their sibling, so she answers Paimon's question instead.

She says that in the future, if there is any need for financial assistance, she would pay them at the highest cost possible. Paimon asks Shenhe if she had any question, and although with some relucance she asks Ningguang if she could fit in the Liyue Harbor to which she says the key is to develop a sense of belonging.

Just then, Beidou arrives and asks if preparations are done, replying to Paimon that she was forced to help the Tianquan, who reassures her that preparations are done.

The duo is curious to know what is going on, but Ningguang says that it would be better to not know.

Ningguang: When I first set foot in the Jade Chamber, I stood at the edge of the platform and looked down upon Liyue Harbor far below.

Ningguang: At that time, I dreamed that one day the Jade Chamber's shadow would be seen in all seven nations of Teyvat. My wish has not changed to this very day. However, it is not only out of consideration for myself that I have built the Jade Chamber anew at this time.

Ningguang: I hope the Jade Chamber will always float in the skies above Liyue Harbor, bearing witness to the prosperity and peace of the human world...

Ningguang: ...and I hope that you can all witness it with me.

Ningguang: Let the ascension ceremony commence!

The Jade Chamber rises slowly into the sky before your eyes. But it is also at that moment that you notice a raging storm forming above the ocean surface in the distance. From beneath it emerges a colossal monster.