Chapter 22: Trial by Lightning

3rd Person P.O.V

After the battle on Nazuchi Beach

Meeting up with Teppei, he tells the Traveler and his companions that their appointment with Kokomi is coming and sails them to Watatsumi Island.

Arriving at Bourou Village, Teppei suddenly remembers about the appointment as he puts himself at ease.

The three head there and find Kokomi talking with Ookubo Daisuke, the former telling the latter to keep food supplies steady and that the army is expanding.

As they walk in, Daisuke is surprised to see Teppei, and even moreso when he recognizes Aether and Adam as the new recruits everyone is talking about.

Ookubo Daisuke: Your Excellency, I'll take my leave.

Teppei: Your Excellency, I couldn't help but overhear Ookubo mention something about... a third party supporter? What was that about?

Kokomi: Not long ago, someone wrote to me saying that they wished to support the Watatsumi Island resistance effort. To that end, they also furnished us with a great deal of supplies.

While suspicious of their true motives, she nonetheless chose to ally with them for the badly needed supplies.

Seeing the Traveler's potential, she also promotes him to captain of the Swordfish II while Adam will join the spec ops group as well, much to Teppei's bewilderment.

Kokomi hands them an appointment letter so they could get their squad's trust, while explaining that some ronin have been causing trouble for the rearguard and need to be exterminated.

The Traveler trains with their unit and meets Teppei a few days later. While Adam goes on his own solo training trying to come up with something that could counter, The Raiden Shogun's "Musou no Hitotachi".

Teppei information the Mercenary about specialized katana called Jizo Mitama during his research, they said it was located in an abandoned shrine in the ruins of Fort Mumei in Yashiori Island.

Luckily their group Swordfish II was
assigned to Fort Mumei during the Archon Wars have been used as a supply transit between Watatsumi and Tatarasuna, but recently, supplies have gone missing and there were no reports of danger in the area.

She tasks them with investigating what is going on there, but allows them to take a few days' respite as Adam ventures on his own to seek this katana for himself as well.

Timeskips brought by:

A/N: Hey, even Devils need some love after all

A/N: Hey, even Devils need some love after all..... And Jackpot.

Upon arriving at the ruined shrine, he felt an ominous aura surrounding this place when he first entered.