Chapter 14: Houkai Unleashed

3rd Person P.O.V

After suffering defeat in the combine strength of both two outlanders.

Switching to his backup plan, despite his distaste for it due to involving innocent bystanders, Childe releases the Sigils of Permission the Fatui replicated to summon Osial, an ancient god that Rex Lapis had sealed underneath Guyun Stone Forest.

In the face of this new threat, the adepti and Qixing put aside their differences to fight the common enemy.

To fight Osial, the group uses the Guizhong Ballistas, with the Cloud Retainer, Mountain Shaper and Moon Carver manning them. As they do so, portals open and release Fatui subordinates onto the platform, intent on destroying the ballistas.

Paimon: *panting* Paimon's exhausted... If we hadn't happened to see the Jade Chamber flying over just as we came out of the Golden House, we really wouldn't have known which way to go...

Paimon: Whew, did we make it in time? Is the Overlord of the Vortex still in the sea? It hasn't destroyed Liyue yet, has it?

Adam: I hope not, if that happened may the Gods forgive me on what I'm about to do, on the Cryo Archon and her Fatuis.

As the group made their way out of the Golden House in time.

Xiao: What... are you three doing here?

Paimon: Huh... Hold on! It's the adepti! What are you doing on the Jade Chamber? Paimon thought you were arguing with the Qixing... Is the fighting over?

Ningguang: Faced with such a calamity of such magnitude, we have agreed to put our differences aside for now and unit against this common enemy.

Adam: Well, how sweet...

Moon Carver: Hmph!

Paimon: Oh, Paimon gets it... So, how do you plan to defend Liyue?

Paimon: Uhh... just seeing this Overlord of the Vortex guy puts a pit in Paimon's tummy, even from all the way out here.

???: It's not just you. We've got new Millelith recruits who can't even stand at attention without shaking. The force of an ancient god's presence seems to be too much for ordinary people to handle.

A girl has fair skin and dark amethyst eyes, with oval cat-like pupils featuring diamond-shaped markings on the iris. Her light purple hair tied into waist-length twin-tails, topped by small odango-style buns resembling cat ears. There is also a small braid running along the side of her bangs.

She wears a pale lavender top with a high violet collar and ruffled dark blue skirt, layered under a deep violet overcoat. The opening of her overcoat is marked by a golden ornament, which has white flowers and purple and gold-accented feathers attached. The pattern of the feathers resembles the ones on the dangling backs of her long sleeves. In addition, she wears a golden hairpin, a tasseled choker, and dark gloves with lavender trim.