Chapter 36: Red Queen

3RD PERSON P.O.V

After, with all that even with Beisht. We can see our two protagonists are currently sleeping, inside the teapot house while their room is completely messy.

Unit someone was knocking from the door repeatedly, as Adam was the first one to awaken by the noises while Aether grabbed a pillow and covered his ears.

Adam tries to stand up but stumbled for moment before trying once more and headed towards to door, while he yawn loudly before stretching his body a little bit.

Adam: Just, a sec...

Soon as he opened the door revealing to be Beidou herself.

Beidou: Morning, I hope I'm not intruding.

Adam: Nope, It's fine. Anyway what brings you here?

Beidou: I was hoping you're free today.

Adam: Well, I'm not taking jobs today. If that's what you're asking about it.

Beidou: I see. Then, I'll have Juza come here later and pick you up tonight then.

Adam: Uh... Beidou, are you--

Beidou: Great! I'll see you tonight and wear something nice okay.

Adam: H-Hey wait--

Before Adam could say anything further Beidou walks away from the teapot house leaving a stunned and baffled mercenary, gawking at her.

Adam: What the hell did, I got myself into this time...

The mercenary just said with dismissive tone then followed up with sigh.

TIMESKIPS

Nighttime

Nighttime....

Adam: Goddamn it...

Juza: Come now, a man shouldn't be complaining about this, it would look bad in front of the lady.

Adam: Ugh... Don't remind me.

Juza is the Chief Mate of the Alcor, the flagship of the Crux Fleet, which is anchored south of Guyun Stone Forest.

Right now, Adam is currently wearing a yukata, a gift given to him by Ayato as a token of gratitude for helping him with the last job as much to his embarrassment.