Chapter 46: Preparation For The Future

3rd PERSON P.O.V

The Sabzeruz Festival is a festival in Sumeru that commemorates the birth of Lesser Lord Kusanali.

According to legend, a celebratory banquet was once thrown for Greater Lord Rukkhadevata's birthday by her friends. Some of the gods at the banquet got drunk, one started playing music, and Rukkhadevata started singing. In response, the Goddess of Flowers began to dance, with Padisarahs blooming wherever she stepped.

This banquet is said to be the origin of the Sabzeruz Festival.

The Sabzeruz Festival has many traditions associated with it, including the Haft-Mewa Feast, where people set their tables with seven different foods, and Farris, the Knight of Flowers, a figure popular among children that an actor plays during the festival.

The most important part of the festival is the Dance of Sabzeruz, which is based on the Goddess of Flowers' dance.

Since the death of Greater Lord Rukkhadevata, the higher-ups at Sumeru Akademiya have stopped organizing the festival, which Dunyarzad speculates to be because they see Lesser Lord Kusanali's birth as a symbol of Greater Lord Rukkhadevata's death.

The Akademiya heavily marginalizes the festival, refusing to fund it and treating it almost as if it doesn't exist.

In recent times they have been willing to shut down the performance of the Dance of Sabzeruz, the festival's most important event, altogether.

After Dunyarzard begins to show signs of fatigue, Dehya orders the Traveler and his companions to bring her somewhere safe while she patrols the area to ensure no one else was following them.

In another area, Dunyarzad reveals to Aether, Adam and Paimon that she is afflicted with Eleazar and has lived with it for so long that her death seems inevitable; as such, she was doing everything to make an impact and be remembered for something.

Dunyarzad: *pant* Phew...

Paimon: Are you feeling better, Dunyarzad?

Dunyarzad: Yes, much better. Just give me a few moments, and I'll be good to go.

Aether: Dehya's expression just now, when she mentioned your condition...

Adam: Just how serious is your illness?

Dunyarzad: ...I didn't realize you were concerned about it. I guess I shouldn't continue to keep it a secret.

Adam: .....

Aether: Dunyarzad...

Dunyarzad: I was actually... born with Eleazar. It's terminal now.

Aether: Eleazar!

Adam: same as Collie, once had...

Paimon: Can't believe it's Eleazar...

Dunyarzad: Oh? You've already heard of Eleazar. In that case, you probably know about its severity.

Dunyarzad: Compared to the simple fact that I am afflicted with this, its effects on my life have been much more painful. I know that my family loves me dearly. They've done all they can to provide the best environment for me, so that I can live for that much longer. However, I know... I will one day succumb to this.

Aether: ...

Adam: ...

Dunyarzad: Did you know? Before I ran away from home this time... the world outside of my home didn't even know that I existed. Since I was a child, all I could do was sit on my bed and stare at everything outside of my window.