Chapter 7: Dragon's Rescue

3rd Person P.O.V

Adam is currently at the adventurer's guild sitting on a chair with his foot sat on the table.

As he watched several adventurers doing their own business until someone tap his shoulder. The mercenary look behind him to see Aether and Paimon.

Adam: Hey guys, sup?

Aether: Jean and Diluc asked us to helped them retrieve the lyre.

Paimon: Also said she'll pay you.

Adam: Okay I'll joined but tell Jean she doesn't need to pay me.

Aether: Seriously, how much uncollected debt do you have?

Adam: You don't wanna know, kid.

He said before removing his feet on the table then stand up as he grabs his sword and placed on his back then leaves the guild as both Aether and Paimon followed.

A few hours past the traveller along with his bodyguard arrived at the meeting place were both Diluc and Jean are waiting for them.

The Grandmaster is currently telling them how to infiltrated their rank and get the lyre without getting noticed they need someone who can bend in within until they look towards Adam causing him to tensed up a little bit as they all one on each other before giving a nod of approval.

After moment later Adam is currently wearing a mask to cover his face.

Adam: Why am I the bait here?!

Diluc: Well, who else is looking like a Fatui here?

Adam: Hey! You got a problem with me?!

Jean: Enough, you two Aether will accompany you, Adam.

Adam: Okay fine. Let's just that lyre and get the hell out of here as soon as possible.

He said as everyone nods at him.

A few minutes both Adam and Aether managed to entered the Fatui's layer that's thanks to their disguise as they managed to bend in their ranks.

The two went to their main vault as they both went to sperates ways and headed to the different rooms to gather information until Adam finally found the lyre he was about grabs it.

Until he heard some people footsteps coming to his way as he turned around and two Fatui guards with their weapons on hand as Adam raised his hands quickly.

???: Who are you, Identify yourself!

Adam: I....

Adam: Crap this is bad, I hate this luck!

He mentally said as the guards were getting closer with their weapon raised until he finally spoke to them.

Adam: I'm.... N-Nero! Nero! My codename is Nero!