Chapter 45: Peak of Combat

3RD PERSON P.O.V

After Alhaitam strikes a bragian with the Traveler and his companions to seek Dori.

Dori is a merchant of high regard in Sumeru, considered the most resourceful merchant who's able to acquire quality goods through her mysterious supply chain (which also includes Alice). She is extremely wealthy and highly obsessed with Mora, seeing everyone and everything as a way to make profit.

She uses her spontaneous appearance and words to sway customers into buying her goods despite her jaw-dropping prices.

Willing to make Mora off just about anything, Dori also partakes in the black market, which has also caught the Matras' attention. Due to this, she implemented some protocols to vet all potential customers to prevent her, her employees and potential customers from being held liable.

The traveler's party head to Dori's informants and reach the warehouse, where they gain their trust before they spot the matra and run.

They reach the merchant, Dori, who states that the matra sighting was just a bluff as she wants customers who could run so they wouldn't get in trouble if they actually arrived.

Dori, learning why they came, showcases some Canned Knowledge; the Traveler and his companions uses Elemental Sight to pick the best three.

Paimon takes Dori's extra offer, so they decide to take the knowledge regarding swordfighting.

With Dori's trust gained, the trio head to the Wikala Funduq to meet up with Alhaitham, where they give him the canned knowledge.

Asking why they're intent with the lost capsule, he learns that they wish to meet the Dendro Archon.

He reveals that the capsule lost by the Akademiya is apparently one containing divine knowledge and that it is in the port.

TIMESKIPS brought by...

Using the Canned Knowledge, Alhaitham evaluates the Traveler's combat capabilities and notes that he had a slight combat improvement, as he were so strong that it barely changed anything

However Due to his Hybrids heritage, Adam possesses great potential for power and amazing combat prowess. As such, he is granted a far more powerful physiology.

Adam has proven himself to easily surpass any members of The Eremites and even several, formidable monsters and as such he is able to overpower high level creatures and beings.

They then head to the docks to meet with the brigade and fight them.

Tariq: Alhaitham... I knew you were crazy, but I didn't know you were crazy enough to actually show up.

Alhaitham: It was I who demanded that these negotiations take place. I was more worried that you might go back on your promise, but to your credit, it appears that you're sticking to your word.