Chapter 42: City of Wisdom

3RD PERSON P.O.V

The Traveler then wakes up in a hut and is greeted by Collei. She and her master, Tighnari, found them while on patrol and the latter explained to Paimon and Adam what happened to him. After dealing with a separate issue, Tighnari talks with the Traveler and upon learning what they saw, decides to have them stay at Gandharva Ville until they recover.

As Tighnari leaves, the Trio have a private discussion, with the Traveler having withheld some of the information as they believed Tighnari was not honest with them. Therefore, they decide to speak with Collei first.

Paimon: Rise and shine! C'mon, it's time to go find Collei.

The duo walks upwards along the wooden path and finds Collei and Tighnari some distance away.

Tighnari: Alright, next let's see your right hand... Hmm, yes, not bad. But please remember that you still need to be careful, understand?

Collei: Yes, I will. By the way, Master, I still haven't received the patrol route for today.

Tighnari: Today's patrol will be a long one, so you won't be coming along this time. Besides, there's a chance we may encounter... Well, you understand.

Collei: But I have a Vision, too! Am I useless to everyone now...?

Tighnari: Don't talk like that, Collei. This is not something you need to be worrying about right now.

Tighnari: Ah, there you are. Feeling any better?

Aether: Is there something we can help with?

Paimon: Yeah, since we'll be staying here for now, we thought we might as well try lending a hand around here.

Tighnari: Hehe, seems you're not the type to sit back and take it easy for a while, huh. In that case, perhaps Collei could take you two for a patrol south of Gandharva Ville for the day.

Tighnari: And if you're feeling up to it, you can be responsible for cleaning the Statue of The Seven.

Adam: Tch! Great, janitor work...

Amir: Tighnari, we're ready to head out!

Tighnari: Roger, I'll be right there! Alright, we'll be heading into the forest now. I'll leave any further details to Collei.

Collei: Yes, you can count on me!

Collei checks the lamps on the route to the ville before arriving at the Statue of The Seven, where she briefly talks about Greater Lord Rukkhadevata and Lesser Lord Kusanali.

Paimon: Um, by the way, Collei, do you know anything about the Dendro Archon? You know, what's she like?

Collei: Uhh, that depends. Are you referring to Greater Lord Rukkhadevata or Lesser Lord Kusanali?

Adam: Wait what?

Paimon: Huh? Greater Lord Rukkhadevata? Oh, is that the name of the former Dendro Archon?

Collei: Uh-huh. Greater Lord Rukkhadevata was Sumeru's first Dendro Archon. She created the rainforests as well as the Wall of Samiel around the desert. Her works provided a means of peaceful living for everyone. To the people of Sumeru, she is not only a symbol of wisdom but also of power and kindness. Unfortunately, she disappeared in a great calamity that occurred a few hundred years ago.

Adam: Sounds exactly like what happened to Raiden Makoto...

Aether: Does it coincide with Khaenri'ah...?

Then Adam noticed another statue of none other than statue of the Dark Knight Sparda, making his eyes widened in utter disbelief.

Adam's Mind: N-no way... NO FUCKING WAY!!! O-old man, Verge!? Here?! H-How?!?!