Chapter 39: The Heron and The Fox

3RD PERSON P.O.V

Last time... After getting ambushed by the self-proclaimed Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles and barely survive All thanks the timely intervention of the Dark Slayer himself, Vergil.

The eldest son of Sparda, decided to rescue him and placed him under his care and protection for a temporary amount of time before deciding to train him and make him stronger, preparing for any unexpected encounter with the Unknown God.

While spending their time together as a teacher and student, and during the harsh violent training from The Dark Slayer, Vergil cryptically shared the amount of time, that he spent around Teyvat. Adam challenges his Mentor for one final time as their climatic showdown Begin as Adam emerged victorious against Vergil for the first time.

Acknowledging him as the victor, Vergil sends Adam one final gift, imbuing some portions of his demonic power within the young mercenary through with the Yamato.

Right now, Adam is currently preparing to leave, while Vergil is currently mediating outside of the cave, like any traditional samurai warrior.

The latter approached his Temporary Mentor, to say his goodbye to him.

Adam: Oi, Old man...

He called out to the old cambion, who raised an eyebrow at him, with a slight turns towards to him. As hum in response all that he gets from him.

Adam gives an toothy grind at him, before bowing down his head towards him.

Adam: Thank you, for everything...

He said to him, with a most sincere and genuine tone from his voice. The Dark Slayer himself, was indeed was taken a back by his actions, he does really embodies his son's attitude. Mere chuckle in response, before giving a smirks at his student.

Vergil: Power is everything. I won't lose the next time. Hold onto that until then.

Adam: I learned from the best

Vergil: And next time you will fall at the hands of the best.

After that somewhat heart-warming threatening conversation, Adam's bids farewell to his Mentor. Before walking away from the cave.

As Vergil merely watches him, before fading away from his sight. Before shifting his attention to his tea and takes a sip.

Then foots were heard walking towards to the First born of Sparda, however he wasn't alarmed of the incoming intruder to his position.

???: So, this is what you've been up to, huh?

Vergil: Funny, I wasn't expecting you to show yourself to me, again...

As the figure emerged out from the shadows revealing himself to blue cambion, was none other than Dainsleif...

Dainsleif: The only "Archon", that who decided to fight against "Celesta" and won. Spending the rest of his days in hiding as nothing more but wanderer...

Vergil: Is that the kind of greetings, I get? From the person who've trained you..?

Dainsleif: Do you think, he'll make a difference like you did before?

Vergil: .....

As the two looks towards the horizon.

TIMESKIPS.

The Mercenary finally returned, where he was greeted by Aether and Paimon, who bombarded him with questions and worried about him gone missing for almost a four days, however Adam made another story to cover what really happened to him, and he said he was ambushed by some thugs and was captured by before he was able to escape.