Chapter 49: Dance with Anubis

3rd PERSON POV.

Last time...

When they arrive at the village, the Traveler senses someone waiting to attack and parries the first strike before they clash with Alhaitham to a standstill.

Alhaitham recognizes the man as Cyno, the General Mahamatra.

Cyno a tan skinned young man, red-orange eyes, and medium-length gray hair.

Cyno's clothes appear to be inspired by traditional outfits that were worn during the Ancient Egyptian civilization.

His headpiece resembles the head of Anubis, a jackal-headed deity, also known as the God of the dead, mummification, and weigher of souls.

The kilt-like garment Cyno wears is reminiscent of the Shendyt, which was a popular men's clothing, usually depicted on Ancient Egyptian commoners, rulers and even deities.

Cyno demands he reveal the Divine Knowledge Capsule before Alhaitham questions him being alone in the desert, as the other matra were wondering where he went.

Alhaitham: Unless my memory fails me, we have barely spoken two words to each other before now at the Akademiya. Would you care to enlighten me as to when and how I invited the General Mahamatra's wrath?

Cyno: Alhaitham, do not think you can escape my judgment just because you managed to escape my attack.

Alhaitham: "Judgment"? So, that's how you'd characterize your actions here, is it? Or would "elimination" perhaps be a more accurate description?

Cyno: Had I used my full strength, not even these travelers would have been able to stop me.

Adam: You need an upgrade. That thing's a toothpick.

Adam pulled Labor of Olympus back and channeled his pyro energy into it, throwing waves of energy straight at Cyno, who flipped past them.

Adam charged Cyno and thrust his leg forwards, kicking Cyno and sending him flying through a nearby stone pillar and boulders falls down upon him.

Adam: Once chance, walk away while you still can.

The mercenary warned as an intense rubbling was imitating from the rubble before it was blown away into pieces as Cyno calls upon a divine spirit to indwell him, morphing into the Pactsworn Pathclearer.

Cyno grabbed a large chunk of rocks and threw it at Adam who fired first, two bullets flying through the air destroying the massive chunk of rocks into tiny pieces.

Adam: Nice arm, does a great job telling me it's ugly as hell. Kinda like your face.

Cyno: Tsk!

Preparing the guns to surprise attack Cyno when a glowing purple fist suddenly flew forwards and slammed him against a wall, then tossing him inside as Cyno descended down upon them.