Chapter 8: Date with A Saber

3rd Person P.O.V

After his supposed "rescue" from the Abyss Order Dvalin asked Venti why he did not ask him for his protection.

Venti states that while he didn't want him to listen to the Abyss Order, he did not necessarily want him to obey Venti, either, and that if he had ordered him to act free, it wouldn't be true freedom. Dvalin then flies off, reassured that no one is after him.

Meanwhile, Jean clears the misunderstanding between the people and Dvalin, who they believed came out of nowhere to attack and disappeared just as quickly.

Returning to the city, they are greeted by Amber, who reveals that while they were dealing with Dvalin, she and the other knights repelled a coordinated hilichurl attack on the city.

She wondered where Kaeya had gone during the attack, and she tells them to meet up with her at Good Hunter.

At the tavern, they find Kaeya, who tells them that he was suspicious of the attack and remained in the city while everyone else was fighting, intercepting a group of Abyss Order infiltrators and bested them.

He learned from them that they are united under a single leader.

Meanwhile, Adam on the other hand is back at the infirmary again, still recovering from his wounds against his fight with Dvalin and of course he received a lot of scolding from Lisa on how reckless he was.

Adam is currently heading towards to the Grandmaster's office as he secretly entered the office and sees Jean who seemed to be in a lot of stress while working on so much paper works.

He went towards her and lightly tapped her shoulder as he called out her name.

Adam: Uhm.... Jean?

Jean: Kya!!

The female got startled as she quickly grabs the mercenary hands then.

Adam: Ah!

throwed him into the wall making a small crater.

Jean: Ah! Adam I'm so sorry!

Adam: Since when d-did you take... judo classes... ow.

Jean: What?

Adam: Nothing please get me out.

Jean: Sorry... why are you here, anyway?

Adam: I just came to check on you but...

He stopped when he saw a huge pile of paperwork on her desk.

Adam: As usual your stock on overworking again.

Jean: As my duty as acting grandmaster after all.

Adam: Is that so, well if you're free tonight there's a place that Kaeya that insisted me to check it.

Adam: So I was hoping you would tag along with me.

He said while scratching the back of his head.

Meanwhile Jean on the other hand is having a different reaction on the mercenary's request.