Chapter 20: The Immovable God

3rd Person P.O.V

After having a quite the eventful day... The mercenary headed back to Thoma and Aether alongside the materials that Thoma needed...

Taking them aside, Thoma explains that he is actually an attendant of the Kamisato Clan, taking care of the clan's eldest daughter, Kamisato Ayaka, the Shirasagi Himegimi.

Ayaka has heard of their feats and is expecting their arrival, hoping that they can change the tides - the Vision Hunt Decree. Although the group is uninterested in helping, insist on pursuing their goal, Thoma agrees to help them meet the Electro Archon anyway and ask to meet them at Komore Teahouse, but the duo realizes they can't leave Ritou, believed it must be part of the test.

There, Thoma explains about how the Raiden Shogun declared the Vision Hunt Decree and that the "gems" embedded on the statue are the seized Visions. The Traveler touches the statue and suffers a headache as they hear the aspirations of the people, surprising Thoma and Paimon while Adam is just amused by this.

Later at the Kamisato residence, where Ayaka anticipated their arrival.

Thoma a young man with green eyes and messy blond hair tied in a ponytail by a red cord with tassels fading to tan at the ends.

His outfit is a fusion of Western-style attire with parts of samurai armor. He wears a decorative, red and black cropped jacket over a black shirt, along with a pair of silver dog tags hanging around his neck.

The buttoned cuffs of his gold-trimmed kote-like sleeves are patterned with a fleur-de-lis design. He wears a black metal headband on his head, with gold-accented horns resembling the maedate (front crest) of a kabuto helmet.

He wears a Pyro Vision on his belt, in addition to a kusazuri (tassel) adorned with flaming Kamisato Clan crests on the other hip. The same crest is marked on the poleyns of his boot-laced suneate (shin guards) with tabi shoes.

He also has small, red studded earrings.

Thoma: Welcome, at last, to the Kamisato residence, honored guests

Thoma: Welcome, at last, to the Kamisato residence, honored guests. Miss Kamisato is delighted to finally meet you.

Paimon: Is this the Shirasagi Himegimi you keep going on about? So, uh, where's she at?

Kamisato Ayaka: Ahem...

Paimon: Oh... uh, behind the screen?

Thoma: Yes, haha, as the daughter of the Yashiro Commission, this is how Miss Kamisato is accustomed to receiving guests.

Thoma: Consider it a time-honored tradition within the Yashiro Commission. Forgive me if this is an unwelcome surprise.

Aether: I think I understand.

Paimon: Makes sense, she's a super-important person after all.

Kamisato Ayaka: Please forgive my lack of courtesy for receiving you in this fashion... especially following such a long and wearisome journey over the sea.